Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gsxr 600 that I want to swap the engine in. I was wondering if anyone knew what the newest, largest displacement, fuel-injected engine I could put in without too many modifications was.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
The only engines you can put in with no modifications are 01 to 03 600 motors. Any other motor will require extensive modifications. The same years' 750 will require "minor" modifications but that still means a new ECU, throttle bodies, re-gearing and frame modifications.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have a 2000 gsxr 600 that I want to swap the engine in. I was wondering if anyone knew what the newest, largest displacement, fuel-injected engine I could put in without too many modifications was.
96-99 GSX-R 750 engine, it will bolt right in. The 2000 model was the last year for that type of frame for the 600. Also need wiring harness 98-99, ecu 98-99, top end of 750 FI 98-99, airbox, fuel pump 98-99, sprockets, chain. Hmmm that's all I could think right now. Oh ya don't forget the gauge cluster 98-99. It has FI light indicator, it will flash if you have problems with your FI. GL to you and have fun.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.