Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...i love my gsxr and I don't want to sell it, but I just can't ride it all freaking day anymore...i have a crappy back and my wrists are in bad shape from playing drums and guitar most of my life..I was thinking of getting a cruiser, but i really like my bike....i heard about getting different bar risers/clip ons....

anyone have any advise on this? I want the most comfortable set up I can get..i want to be able to ride my bike all day without breaking my back and wrists..haha..

·
Registered
193 Posts
a gsxr will never be comfertable. its for speed and nothing else. (luckily that easily tranfers to sooking good :D)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm right there with you. I'm 38, have RA spreading pretty rapidly.
My 15+ years of dirtbikes / atv body abuse, along with 5 good car racing accidents have caught up. Both my shoulders have been rebuilt and at some point the right one will need replaced.
My elbows are shot. Anywhos.

I've been looking without much success for pre-made parts to raise the bars maybe 2" and bring them back toward me maybe 1.5" or so. i've also thought about changing the shape of the rear of the fuel tank, but thats last on the list. If I can't find the parts I need, my next step is to start drawing pictures and talking to local machine shops about just making what I need. Let me know how your search for parts goes.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
And then there is always the triumph Sprint S/T (very nice bikes IMO)that has a very comfortable riding position and the risers are already set up and back.... Good luck with you search hope it works out that you keep your bike!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.