Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This spring I started getting a c46 error when I first start the bike. If I turn it off and back on it doesn't return. Is there anyway to work on or lube the actuator as it must be sticking? I have thought maybe my battery is low and isn't giving enough juice but the bike starts well? I can start it and turn it right off and back on and the fi light will not come back.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, do you still have the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everything is stock I haven't changed a thing. It only has 4k miles on the darn thing. I don't know where the server is or how to check it. I need a manual I think but need some help locating everything.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I used to get that when i had the bolt on Micron exhaust can....turn the bike off,-back on- it would go off would be fine -probably an issue with the cables or the valve, just do away with it all together like I did and get a yoshimura half system/slip on so you can THEN do away with the midpipe and SET VALVE-disable the SET servo right from the ECU by cutting the brown wire/black stripe. YOU CANNOT DO THIS NOW BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE VALVE IN PLACE.....Even if you get a Bolt On Muffler this can be an issue-just get a SLIP ON/Half system if you dont have the money for a full sys, its the same price as a Bolt on can usually (as the case with Yoshimura), gives a tad bit more power, and gives the look of a full system..I got the RS-3 slip on(w/ midpipe) and am very happy

****A temporary fix for now would be to tighten the cables slightly where they connect to the exhaust valve, usually gets rid of the FI light and error code for a little...but it will probably come back and dont do this when it's HOT!! :thumbup:
check this out http://bugman.81x.com and click on SET valve-he explains about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.