Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probably about a month and a half ago we were approaching our neighborhood after a good night ride. I decided to try something I've never seen attempted before but I knew had to be possible. I dropped down to first gear and grabbed some front brake. I let the other arm fly to the sky and with just the throttle hand I broke my rear tire loose and smoked it up nice, absolutely no clutch involved. It was just the right combo of power and brake and weight distribution. I did it a few times so it wasn't a fluke, pretty cool trick if you ask me. :thumbup:
Ever tried it before?

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah I'm sure it's been done before just wondering if any of you have tried it? The front tire wants to skip a little, the whole challenge to it is getting the rear to spin but not have the bike hop at all. It can't be too hard if I did it on my first try but...try it!

·
Registered
901 Posts
no i havn't tried it with no clutch. thats pretty sweet :thumbup: btw i took some wheelie pics Sun. but there to big to post on here i'll try to shrick them tonite

·
Registered
901 Posts
the ones we took Sun we're the first ones i got on the gixxer. we're goin to go back this coming weekend to try to get some more video. it pissed me off to see my buddy chris w ride a third gear standup on mine!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
sounds good :thumbup: hopefully i can get some more this weekend too. i'll have to wait to see what the weather is like. i think it's supposed to rain :headshake

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
KmansK5 said:
probably about a month and a half ago we were approaching our neighborhood after a good night ride. I decided to try something I've never seen attempted before but I knew had to be possible. I dropped down to first gear and grabbed some front brake. I let the other arm fly to the sky and with just the throttle hand I broke my rear tire loose and smoked it up nice, absolutely no clutch involved. It was just the right combo of power and brake and weight distribution. I did it a few times so it wasn't a fluke, pretty cool trick if you ask me. :thumbup:
Ever tried it before?
Thats how I used to do mine. Just grab a handfull of brake lean forward and give a little down pressure. The tire usually goes pretty quick. I kinda stopped that for the crash factor. I made my ride nice now so I dont want to chance it. I still do them but now with the clutch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.