Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to this whole sport bike scene. This weekend well tomorrow I am picking up a 2001 GSXR 750, Figured a decent bike to start with. Anyway it already has the euro tail and fender eliminator so it looks pretty clean, but it has the stock exhaust. Like I said I don't know much about them but I do know that I want to replace the exhaust for performance as well as sound reasons. Any ideas on what setup to go with on this bike? :headscrat

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Go with the Micron. If you go buy the Oct. 20004 issue of sport rider thy got a section in there where they tested thirty different pipes and thy have dyno results of what each one did.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gixer, I appreciate that. Is that a slip on or a full system.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
you could get either, the full is alot of $$$ though, if you dont have the money for the full just get the slip on it will still up your hp and torque not as much as the full but it will be noticable., be much better than that stocker.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Slip ons dont add much HP at all, mainly just for sound.

With a full system you gain a bit of HP just with the pipe, but the true gains are not realized without proper mapping via a power comander or the like. For best resuslts you are looking to spend a total in the $1000 range, plus or minus a few hundred for the proper set up of pipe and fuel management computer.

I run a Hindle titanium full system with a PCIIIr full custom fuel and ignition map. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts