Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Exhaust Choices!

4K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  Heavy Metal 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm riding a 04 GSX-R 600 and i'm buying a full system. What full systems are figured to be the best BESIDES Yoshimura? Oh and I'm looking for Best PERFORMANCE!

#2 ·
I really like akrapovic systems, they have a really good sound and good power gain, its all going to be what you are looking for, best sound? best performance?

#6 ·
Hindle would be my choice. Don't look as pretty as the rest but it really does the job in the Performance department.

Has anyone tried or heard anything good about the Micron Serpent?

#7 ·
The Akrapovic is worth the money, if you have it. If you don't have that money then I definalty wouldn't think about getting it.

I've only heard what Micron says about the serpant, nothing 3rd party.

#9 ·
jeepboyyj said:
In the end your footing the bill so its your choice.
Definatly true! :thumbup: :lol:

#13 ·
I Got Yoshi,its Really Good.i Would Suggest You Save Your Money And Do Some More Mods To Your Bike To Pick Up Horsepower Else Where.yoshi Is Way Cheaper And Hp Gains Are Awesome For The Price.how Much More Power Are You Getting From The The Other Competitions Exhaust Compared To Yoshi.

#15 ·
I have the RS3 Ti Yoshi.(came with bike) Sweet sound. I heard an akroprovic on a yami and wasnt impressed at all.

Go to a bike meeting and look at the different setups have em start them up and listen to see what you like the best.

For some reason Yosh and suzuki have always been a sweet pair

#16 ·
bigjimbo said:
For some reason Yosh and suzuki have always been a sweet pair
I think that would have to be the fact that yosh does all their R&D on the zuk's because they are the factory sponsor, Thats why I always reccomend Yosh as the first choice for a zuk. They might not give you a higher top end horsepower, but a better average power gain.

#19 ·
Looks to me that most of you not only didn't answer his question, but didn't read it well either.... :hmmm:

He said "BESIDES yosh." :thefinger

Personally, I've had a yoshi full system and it was ok...for the money.

However, Yoshimura is about like owning a Honda....they're not bad bikes if you can't afford something better.

I now have a Devil highmount and there's no comparison to the difference. I will likely stay with Devil even if I change bikes.

Want video? Link below... it doesn't really do the pipe justice though, since I had to hold the throttle. The engine noise doesn't seem to almost drown out the pipe sound, in reality...it's just that I had the camera closer to the engine than the pipe.

LINK

#21 ·
Where did you find that devil exhaust? This areea is just starting to pick up in the sportbike comunity, and I'm lookin' to get rid of my yosh......I think I've made up my mind on the devil high mount, I just haven't been able to find 'em.

#23 · (Edited)
I run a Yoshi RS-3 on mine, but I have 3 friends that run the Hindle Titanium on their's, it has a really nice sound and they claim it helps in performance too...For some reason my yoshi doesn't sound as loud as the GYT-R pipe or any other aftermarket pipe for that matter...How can you tell the difference between the race and street baffle? I was also thinking about taking some packing out to make it a little louder..any ideas?

#25 ·
audi1031 said:
Hindle would be my choice. Don't look as pretty as the rest but it really does the job in the Performance department.

Has anyone tried or heard anything good about the Micron Serpent?
Here is the graph from my 2002 GSX-r 1000.

They were all done on the same night, same dyno. Before install, after install before tuining, and after tuining. Let me know if you have any questions.

The only other installed mods were a TRE and PCIII.

They system had a very nice sound, in fact I will be putting one on my 750 in a few weeks.

#26 · (Edited)
Akropovic, Brock Hindle( GEN 3 ), HMF BigBird, Micron, Ti-Force, Yoshimura Tri-Oval.

Any of the Above in Full System and cans in Carbon Fiber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.