Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a k8 600 and i came across a smoking deal on a yosh pipe for a k7 600/750 well the guy gave me a the header also. now will this work on my bike since i have the header cause everything looks the same but on the k8s they welded the CAC on them instead of sliping it onto the header. so my question is will the k7 600/750 header work on mine?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, it will sound even better if you leave the set valve off too.
thats the dumb exhaust valve thing correct? if so i wanted to take it off my last one but never got the time to before the ass wholes stole it. now how do i go about getting rid of it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
h,,, look up SET valve in the forum search theres a big write up in there about it, i havent done it as i just found the write up last night.
ok thanks how do u know it sounds better lol? you wouldnt believe what i got it for lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright i just removed my exhaust now i ran into a problem. the guy didnt have a O2 sensor in his exhaust he has a plug in the header. i didnt get the plug out cause i didnt have a big enough allen. but by the looks of it the hole maybe too big for my 02 sensor has anyone ran into this problem?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
alright i just removed my exhaust now i ran into a problem. the guy didnt have a O2 sensor in his exhaust he has a plug in the header. i didnt get the plug out cause i didnt have a big enough allen. but by the looks of it the hole maybe too big for my 02 sensor has anyone ran into this problem?
You are correct, sir. It is too BIG, and will not fit. I learned the hard way. :headshake

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn cause i have everything just trying to figure this 02 sensor shit out im going crazy i dont want my bike in pieces lol

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
damn cause i have everything just trying to figure this 02 sensor shit out im going crazy i dont want my bike in pieces lol
I've heard that if you are running a Power Commander, you wouldn't need to use an o2 sensor. I haven't the funds for a Power Commander or for tuning, so I left the stock stuff on and just bought the slip-on.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've heard that if you are running a Power Commander, you wouldn't need to use an o2 sensor. I haven't the funds for a Power Commander or for tuning, so I left the stock stuff on and just bought the slip-on.
ya thats why i need it right now. well some guys over at gixxer posted a lot about this and i should have mine done 2m if i can get a reducer

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
ya thats why i need it right now. well some guys over at gixxer posted a lot about this and i should have mine done 2m if i can get a reducer
I'm sure you could get one somehow. I just didn't want to complicate matters. I wanted something cheap and easy to do.

At the time I had an exhaust for my crashed k7 which I wanted to put on my k8. After pulling the stock header then finding that the o2 sensor didn't fit, I was pretty angry with myself because I should have known better and looked at that before disassembling, but it was too late.

I reinstalled the stock stuff, but just left the stock muffler off the catalytic converter, and rode it like that for a while, until the slip-on I ordered came in.

·
Registered
215 Posts
im glad i didnt get one of those instead i got a mid pipe and the sound is great r for $75 bucks and the install was crazy easy i have an 08 750 i dont have a powe comander

·
Registered
130 Posts
find a nut for the O2 sensor then have some one mig weld or tig weld it on. wont cost u any where near a power comander! i have had to relocate O2 sensor before in cars and bikes its easy and if u cant do it should only cost around 20-40 buck or if is a friend just a case of beer! good luck let us know what u end up doing!

·
Registered
306 Posts
just get an o2 eliminator, they are everywhere, you can find somehwere on this forum on how to make your own i imagine, powercommander sells em, yosh sells em, then you just dont need an o2 sensor at all because its always reading the correct reading

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
find a nut for the O2 sensor then have some one mig weld or tig weld it on. wont cost u any where near a power comander! i have had to relocate O2 sensor before in cars and bikes its easy and if u cant do it should only cost around 20-40 buck or if is a friend just a case of beer! good luck let us know what u end up doing!
thanks i didnt think of that i been driving around all day looking for a reducer now i gotta find a welder lol

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.