Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
He would still keep the Yosh headers, and use the M4 can. A slip on just means your only getting the can, not the full system with headers and can. So hes just basicly mixing and up two diffrent exhausts. As far as maping it, you can map ANY combination of ANYTHING you put on the bike. The brand of the parts has nothing to do with the map. You can have two of the same bikes and put the exact same parts on them, then take them to get dynoed and maped, chances are the maps are going to be slightly diffrent. When you map it your just adjusting your air/fuel ratio. When you put a diffrent exhaust on it changes the air flow thru the motor, therefore you adjust your fuel accordingly, but the brand of the exhaust makes no diffrence to the map.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you dyno tune it you can tune it for ANY combination under the sun. If your just downloading maps from dynojet website, then yes you have to pick something that works for your setup. You tune the map to your parts, not the parts to your map.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying guys, I just asked cause I cut my yoshi rs3 ten inces to shorten it and I like it dont get me wrong, just was asking if I ever want to change it back some what. By the way, by cutting it down but still keeping the packing, does that make the maping off that much?

·
Registered
552 Posts
It probably changes it slightly but I dont think it would be enough to worry about. Do you have a power commander with a tune on it anyway?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah i do I have a pcIII and i am prety sure it is mapped, bu i also think it is locked. I tryed to access it but it doesnt regester on my comp.
I dont think you can lock them. Your bike has to be running or have the 9v adapter hooked up to it for power before you can use the laptop on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.