Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing a broken exhaust valve servo on a k7 750. does the new on need to be lined up a certain way or is it idiot proof? any help is appreciated

·
Registered
118 Posts
search SET valve removal on here, thats what I did. It was real easy to take off and Im not very mechanically skilled so if I can do it with no problems then so can you

·
Registered
971 Posts
make sure you open the butterfly valve upon removal. don't want to leave that thing closed up.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If I remember correctly I was told there's no back pressure if the valve is open. So in lower rpms you'd lose power but once you get out of that low end you gain more power up top. Sound right anyone?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah mine had broken given the C46 code. So i did some research and found out that if you remove the SET exhaust control valve servo not only will your bike sound better but it will 2 hp proven in dyno charts. Anyways you would have to remove it soon or later when you get a full exhaust system(if you did).

Just take it off following the steps which you can find in google. search SET removel on gsxr.:thumbup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I guess I will just remove it. I have enough H.P. that I shouldn't be worried about power loss in the first place.
'04 gsxr 1000
pc3
akropovic slip on
tre
custom this custom that
if I recall correctly the 03-04 gsxr 1000s have the secondary butterfly valve where the slip on meets the head pipes, so by putting a slip on...it removes it anyway.

How did you accomplish having a slip on already....and then going back and removing something that is removed during the slip on install?

On my k6 1000 the set HAD to be removed with the install as it was part of the stock muffler/exhaust.

As far as losing low end power.....if that is the concept....then do full exhausts lose low end power too?

·
Registered
10 Posts
set valve (excva)

the EXCVA is low enough in the pipe that it doesn't interfere with slip ons. a lot of people just automatically install an after market mid pipe when they do a slip on. I didn't. I do almost all my maintenance work and customization, and I was too cheap to buy one. :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.