Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just yesterday installed a Full Yoshimura RS-3 on a 2004 GSXR-1000 which removed the exhaust valve. Now receiving the dreaded FI indication. :headscrat So far, I have only found reference to the engine wiring harness about an '03 model. Any help would be great, thanx. :bowdown:

·
Registered
543 Posts
pm skibum, i believe he knows what wires need to be cut or spliced. or try audi or moto, i believe they all got the 1k's and have done this.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I talked to tech at yoshi yesterday and got the answer. Pin 32 has to be removed from the ECU engine harness. Works like a champ now. :D :D

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
BTW, the '03-'04 1K's are the same as far as the wiring harness reference

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
moto182003 said:
just put duct tape over the light :thumbup:

Duct tape worked great...... I can't even tell there's a problem anymore... :funny: :funny: :laughingr

·
Registered
543 Posts
if you can't duct it....fuck it!!!! and i'm a ziptie master myself, there holding my bodykit together on my car.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i have a few packs of assorted size black zip ties, it was cool to get ones that weren't white, which i always used before...nice... :lol:

duct tape also comes in colors, THEY A GENIOUS's :thumbup:

I took most of the bolts outta my bodywork (on the RR) cause they had those stupid pastic screws that you gotta push and twist and then pull while you unscrew it, i cut em all off and used the zip ties

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like to go way overkill.... wrap things in duct tape and then hold it down with tie wraps. :thumbup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rivet gun comes in very handy, works great for quick fixes too

·
Registered
543 Posts
the zipties come in most handy on the gixxer when your putting the fairings back on and the compartment that houses the blinker wiring has that pain in the butt little bittie plastic rivet, i threw those things away and just ziptie em w/ some black zipties, saves alot of time...when i go to the depot i buy the 1000 count jars of zipties, there only like 12 bucks. Shit i would build a house outta zipties and duct tape if i could. :D

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Safety wire works great too!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
oh true, sorry guys, forgot about the cavemen on the site! :rofl: :laughingr :rofl: :infrandom

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
yeah zip ties are my best friend......i keep a pack in my backpack
without'em i wouldnt be able to start my motorcycle hahaha
they hold together my ignition switch

1 - 20 of 20 Posts