Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys I need some input on something, I'm thinkn about getting my swingarm extended and my bike lowered a bit. I'm thinkn 12in but when I read some of the previous posts it making me think that 8 or 10 might be better. Is there any reason why you only want to go 6in max for street? Granted people talk about corning and what not but if you live in a desert like Arizona or New Mexico I would think that corner handling wont be much of an issue but I could be wrong, thats why Im asking for all of your help. I just wanna make sure that when I do it I'll be happy with it. Plus when it only costs $25 difference to extend the arm from 6-12in you start thinkn in the sense of more for your money when in this case more might not be the best thing. Basically I'm just trying to figure out who has how much of an extension and why they have it. Oh ya, almost forgot, whats the best way to lower a bike a few inches in the front and the rear, remove some oil out of the front forks, dog bones in the rear?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
No idea of how to answer your questions.... but sweet looking bike :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
you will not get traction and when we say this it is not because of cornering but because of the street will be slick and you would spin everytime you hit it hard (well i do but) I have the 3-6 inch and its perfect. I seen some with 8 inch over & suit them fine as well, but I do notice they weight alot more.
Here is picture of mines

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input on the swingarm guys I think I'll do 8 or 10 in. The next question that I have is how to lower the front. I hear people talk about lowering the tripple tree but no one gives a clear explanation on how its done. Can anyone out there help with that?

·
Registered
158 Posts
there's a local guy that has a 6" on his 750 frame with a 1000 engine and he's smoking guys with 8" busas. Mind you now that he's running NOS he started putting weights on the front axle. 6" is still long enough for straight line races and not to long that you can't play with it on the street as well.

As for lowering the front. Just loosen up the triple tree clamp, clip on clamp, and lower fork clamp ... tap the top of the triple tree with a mallet and make she that you measure the amount of fork travel on both sides evenly ... when one side gets to the amount that you want tighten it up and keep banging on the other side. Tighten when they're both exactly the same amount. You don't want to be out even a mm.

Barn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.