Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has EZ pass for their bike? I live in jersey and go to PA for my maint on my bike because my bike is registered in PA and my dealer is in PA. I hate teh tolls and would like to ride in NY and on the turnpike but tolls are such a pain in the ass. Do any of you guys have EZ pass if so how do you mount the beakin on it? Pics would be cool if you got them, the beakin that we have here is the white one that looks like a deck of cards not the black one that I have seen that looks like a candy bar. any help or ideas would be awesome. I dont want it to be sitting anywhere because people will steal it. I can barely remember to take the keys out my bike.:thumbup:

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly the advice I was looking for thanks!!!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just go fast enough that they aren't gonna get your plate number. I did that shit in my car and got a ticket about a month later for the 1.10 toll plus 35 fing dollars and a nasty little letter. One thing i will never ever miss abour NY, those dumb ass tolls.

·
Registered
284 Posts
fuck tolls and fuck ezpass. I blow right through that shit
I DID THAT IN DALLAS TX DOWNTOWN AT 120 OR SO AND I GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL WITH A PICTURE OF MY PLATE. I GUESS I NEED TO GO 1 WHEEL UP OR FASTER LOL.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have ezpass. just put the velcro strips real low on my front screen, and the ezpass sticks to that just fine, cant even see it

·
Premium Member
7,571 Posts
I have ezpass. just put the velcro strips real lown on my front screen, and the ezpass sticks to that just fine
+1. that's what i do. some have said it works inside the top of the cowl, but i have no experience with that- if it does, that'd be nice and neat and not visible. i imagine you could put it in a jacket pocket too. ?

·
Registered
825 Posts
they just started tolling a bridge in tacoma washington and youre east coast company is running it with their ez-pass system, tolls suck my ass, im tuckin the plate, and fuckin the law

·
Registered
186 Posts
you have a rear cowel or seat right? just put it in there, out of the way, out of sight. The EZpass works fine when its in the glovebox of a car, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work in there. It doesn't have to be out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put mine in my backpack, seat cowl, and when i forget to take it out of my car, i just run the farging tolls. Just make sure there aren't any popos at the end of the toll. Especially, near the the BF Bridge on the NJ side, Camden.
Where in NJ are you from?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Florida has Sunpass and their pretty cool. Lots of times a sport bike is not enough to trigger the toll. The system requires both a transponder and a vehicle and it seems that a 450lb bike with little steel does not trip the system too well. So after getting about ten postcards with pics of my plate they set me up so if it does ot go off, they just charge my account based on the plate on my bike, no postcards, tickets. I keep it in the tail of the bike, works about 1/2 the time, same as if it were on the windscreen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put mine in my backpack, seat cowl, and when i forget to take it out of my car, i just run the farging tolls. Just make sure there aren't any popos at the end of the toll. Especially, near the the BF Bridge on the NJ side, Camden.
Where in NJ are you from?
Mcguire AFB....

·
Registered
239 Posts
I DID THAT IN DALLAS TX DOWNTOWN AT 120 OR SO AND I GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL WITH A PICTURE OF MY PLATE. I GUESS I NEED TO GO 1 WHEEL UP OR FASTER LOL.
You actually dont have to speed at all. I just have my plate mounted so that it cannot be read by there cameras. I go through the tolls under 5mph (shit is oily and slick) Been through about 500 tolls and not one letter or ticket

·
Registered
324 Posts
You actually dont have to speed at all. I just have my plate mounted so that it cannot be read by there cameras. I go through the tolls under 5mph (shit is oily and slick) Been through about 500 tolls and not one letter or ticket
those lanes are CRAZY oily!!! i was at the cash lane and i went to go take off and my bike stood still while a did a mini burnout... totally unintentional!

in most of the tolls in NY/NJ they have HUGE ass bars that go down in front of the lane so there is no way to run the toll...

for the longest time i have been thinking the most badass thing anyone could do is lowside before the bar and slide right under it and someone make the wheels catch again and shoot right back up.. i wonder if any stunters could so some shit like that... Now THATS how you run a toll!! in style!:arsenal

Reactions: New2Street

·
Registered
516 Posts
fuck tolls and fuck ezpass. I blow right through that shit
+1 You cant see my plate from up top I have it tucked under my passenger pegs facing down on the R1 and the gsxr usualy it is bent way up into the taillights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts