Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: I HAVE USED THE SEARCH BUTTON. looking for current experiences.

Recently I low sided my mistress and destroyed my left side fairing. I am currently looking for a reputable site to purchase my fairings from. I understand that I should get injection molding and many ppl have success and failure with auctmarts. I have included a few of my options that I am considering purchasing from below. If you have any experiences with the following vendors good or bad I ask that you please chime in. I am planning to pull the trigger within the next 24-48 hours.

1) http://shop.absfairings.com/motorcycle_fairings/suzuki-gsxr/gsxr600/06-07?page=2

2) http://store.motomarts.com/p-9570-injection-molded-fairing-kit-for-suzuki-gsxr600-gsxr750-k6-2006-2007-ba.aspx

3) http://gundamhost.com/auctmarts/shop/product_info.php?cPath=119_124_162&products_id=930&osCsid=57085346ee6d3d32569163033399bd9e

4) http://fairingsolutions.net/nocategory-c-0.html?page=3&yearto=2006&yearfrom=2006&bikemodels_id=49&makes_id=4&osCsid=02ee803d1c0b29502747d962482adc8f

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
From what I understand it is believed that all the fairings come from the same place, China. Auctmarts seems to have the biggest following among all the forums due to good/bad experiences, customer service (overall pretty damn good), and the option to have custom work done.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a set of Auctmarts fairings for my K7 750 and they fit great. I only had to make a little bit of correction where the three side fairings come together. Some of the mold wasn't shaved correctly so I cut it back some. Other than that I have had a good experience with them.

They were willing to put different decal colors where I asked. Add the 750 to the back instead of the 600. Their English wasn't great, but after a couple confirmations of what I was asking they sent me a picture of the plastics before they shipped them out.

I took my OEM's off and put them on Craigslist and made almost double what I paid for the Auctmarts. Of course I hadn't been down so I had a full set.

I would suggest keeping your OEM radiator scoops (3 pieces) and your OEM Intake ducts. You don't get the grille for the intake and the Auctmarts ones feel a little grainy. Like they were done with rattlecan and no clear coat.

Overall, I'm very happy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had replacement fairings from Auctmart and whilst the plastics are not as good as OEM you can't fault them for the price. Had these for about 6 months now.

Everything fitted fine for me and all holes lined up, sp0rt I have the sasme slip on :D

2014-03-15 GSXR 001.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a set about 6 weeks ago from Fairings Plus. The next day I ordered from them, they emailed me and said that it would take a little longer than initially expected. When they went to ship they found the left fairing cracked and needed to replace it. So I was ok with that. A few weeks later they did send them in a box from China. I picked up the box at my local USPS place, the box was torn and ragged, so I was worried. I was worried even more when I found one of my side fairings poking through the box. I emailed them and explained what I found, they emailed me back and asked me if I wanted to replace the part. And after looking at the rest of the parts, I decided that it would be fine. The bottom inside corner of the fairing was scrapped, but since no one will see it, I said it would be ok. Compared to OEM fairings, these are a little thinner, and I have not put all the parts on, but so far everything seems good. Over all I am happy with Fairings Plus.

·
Registered
454 Posts
From what I understand it is believed that all the fairings come from the same place, China. Auctmarts seems to have the biggest following among all the forums due to good/bad experiences, customer service (overall pretty damn good), and the option to have custom work done.

thats true

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nicecycle.com

I've ordered from them twice can't complain. Very good quality.. Both times no fitment issues.. Takes 15 days to ship. Then depending on we're you live will determine how long it takes after. I got mine 4 days later..

First set

Second set

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Looks good man, you gonna add any decals to it or keep it all white?

I just ordered a race kit from Auctmarts waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had replacement fairings from Auctmart and whilst the plastics are not as good as OEM you can't fault them for the price. Had these for about 6 months now.

Everything fitted fine for me and all holes lined up, sp0rt I have the sasme slip on :D

View attachment 137641

Yes actually this is one of our injection PF series and the fitment cannot say 100 % but be honest for the aftermarket parts have 90 % and up is already really good !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes actually this is one of our injection PF series and the fitment cannot say 100 % but be honest for the aftermarket parts have 90 % and up is already really good !
Do you need to order the bolt kit in addition to the fairing kit? Looking at the website there is a 50% off offer for fairing bolt kit. Not sure if that implies you need to order the kit or not.
Do you also recommend adding the heat shield?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Do you need to order the bolt kit in addition to the fairing kit? Looking at the website there is a 50% off offer for fairing bolt kit. Not sure if that implies you need to order the kit or not.
Do you also recommend adding the heat shield?
heat shielding will come with the purchase if you still have your old bolt and I think you should using them and save some money

·
Registered
499 Posts
Those look sweet ! What do you have for a 1995 GSXR 750 W ?

·
Registered
499 Posts
so sorry we do not have the 1995 model yet, once we have and we will announce in the facebook and forum too
Yet?!? Sure would be nice to be able to find some NEW stuff for OLD bikes... Relying on Fleabay for used stuff is very discouraging...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts