Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to visit some friends in the woodlands last year in October and i was riding down I-45N right past I-610 and I see a huge Yellow piece of something in the road...took up both middle lanes, and there was traffic around me...I tried to find a way over so I could go around it cuz I didnt really want to run it over "just being safe" well I couldn't change lanes there were too many cars...the SUV that was in front of me rolled over it and I prepared myself to roll over it as well...as the SUV rolled over it "THIS FUCKER DIDNT STOP EITHER :2hard ", this huge sheet of plastic flipped up in the air and landed on end standing 6 feet tall and 10 feet long... DAMN THIS IS GONNA HURT is the only thing that went through my mind...I slid about 200 feet or less going about 70 miles an hour...Some how the bike slid along with me didnt flip or hit a wall so the bike is ok except for minor fareing damage and some minor engine work...i on the other hand didnt have but a T-Shirt on and a helmet...I was really lucky to have only gotten road rash on my arms, knees, right Hip, and my big toe...i tried to keep my body off the ground as much as possible so I got my finger tips as well......I think the craziest thing about the crash was the fact that the traffic was completly stopped and I didnt get hit...THE LESSON HERE GUYS. WEAR LEATHERS AND A HELEMT IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
that sux dude... but at least you learned your lesson to aleways wear leathers. good thing you had on your helemet though dude.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Thats a shitty way to learn a lesson, but atleast your still alive to Learn it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Man, that does suck......sometimes I'd rather break a bone than get road rash. That shit hurts for months. Glad you made it through it though. Sounds like you kept a level head during the crash though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
damn that sucks man sounds like it was just bad luck

you got some rash on your big toe were you wearing sneakers?

how did u try and keep your body off of the ground just curious.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
catera said:
damn that sucks man sounds like it was just bad luck

you got some rash on your big toe were you wearing sneakers?

how did u try and keep your body off of the ground just curious.
Yea I was wearing sneakers and a T-Shirt and jeans and open finger gloves cuz thats all i had at the time....i guess I was just lucky that my body didnt flip except for when I hit the ground I kinda landed on my side then too my stomach...I didnt have any road rash on my stomach, chest or back or anything...I did get some on my right hip because when I hit the ground my right sholder and hip hit the ground First...the rest was all on my arms and knees and hands...I dont know I gues it was kinda like doing a pushup but on your arms while sliding I guess that how i can explaine...i didnt allow my upper torso to touch the ground but my arms and wrist took it the worst...

·
Registered
311 Posts
skibum91 said:
Thats a shitty way to learn a lesson, but atleast your still alive to Learn it.
Amen to that glad to hear you're alright. like they say 'IT'S NOT IF YOU'LL FALL-IT'S WHEN WILL YOU FALL!" happens to the best, get yourself healed up, rub some dirt on it and get back in the game soldier. :thumbup:

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to visit some friends in the woodlands last year in October and i was riding down I-45N right past I-610 and I see a huge Yellow piece of something in the road...took up both middle lanes, and there was traffic around me...I tried to find a way over so I could go around it cuz I didnt really want to run it over "just being safe" well I couldn't change lanes there were too many cars...the SUV that was in front of me rolled over it and I prepared myself to roll over it as well...as the SUV rolled over it "THIS FUCKER DIDNT STOP EITHER :2hard ", this huge sheet of plastic flipped up in the air and landed on end standing 6 feet tall and 10 feet long... DAMN THIS IS GONNA HURT is the only thing that went through my mind...I slid about 200 feet or less going about 70 miles an hour...Some how the bike slid along with me didnt flip or hit a wall so the bike is ok except for minor fareing damage and some minor engine work...i on the other hand didnt have but a T-Shirt on and a helmet...I was really lucky to have only gotten road rash on my arms, knees, right Hip, and my big toe...i tried to keep my body off the ground as much as possible so I got my finger tips as well......I think the craziest thing about the crash was the fact that the traffic was completly stopped and I didnt get hit...THE LESSON HERE GUYS. WEAR LEATHERS AND A HELEMT IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE
WOW, I look back on this from time to time and its still gives me chills to think about this... THREAD RESURRECTION :arsenal

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Glad you lived to tell the tale. Another great wear your gear thread.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Glad you're ok man, I had a fall myself hitting up a mountain road in near Mully highway in Santa Monica. Watch out for that gravel and be safe, ride only what you feel is right!

·
Registered
17 Posts
road rash does suck ..so painful to sleep at night. I had a similar incident like yours but fell and had a friend barely stop on time and ended up tapping me with his front tire when i was trying to get up. Anyhow from then on, I always put on leathers when i ride the canyons or long rides

1 - 14 of 14 Posts