Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have an 08 gsxr 600 with 700 miles on the bike and the fi and the red light is on. i ran the bike almost empty and then fi light turned on. i have a hotbodie slip on exhaust that was put on two days before the light came on and i did find the dealer switch with 4 wires on it, but i do not know how to get code. i also wanted to know where to find the set valve if the 08 has one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
C14 - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C15 - ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C21 - INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C22 - ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE SENSOR
C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR
C24 - IGNITION SIGNAL #1
C25 - IGNITION SIGNAL #2
C26 - IGNITION SIGNAL #3
C27 - IGNITION SIGNAL #4
C28 - SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR
C29 - SECONDARY THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C30 - SECONDARY THROTTLE CONTROL UNIT
C31 - GEAR POSITION SENSOR
C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4
C41 - FUEL PUMP CONTROL SYSTEM
C42 - IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL
C46 - EXHAUST CONTROL VALVE ACTUATOR (01-02 1000 and 06-07 600/750/1000 ONLY)

Location of dealer mode switch and how to get the codes.

The dealer mode connector is under the tail cowling on the left side of the bike, near the regulator/rectifier. It will have only two wires going to it. It is is small white connector that does not plug into anything, and has a rubber cap on one end.

BLACK W/ GREEN BAND Wire with a WHITE STRIPE and a
WHITE W/ GREEN BAND Wire with a RED STRIPE
you just use a paper clip to jump the two wires together in the connector. this is for models with 16 bit ECM's

or you can buy ONE OF THESE (16- bit has 2 wires at thh plug/ 32 bit has 4 wires at the plug)
https://www2.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/orderpage?TCOID=1c303730b9cc912a7055a9c7c5affe26&sid=60770

·
Registered
7 Posts
gixxer.

i have an 08 gsxr 600 with 700 miles on the bike and the fi and the red light is on. i ran the bike almost empty and then fi light turned on. i have a hotbodie slip on exhaust that was put on two days before the light came on and i did find the dealer switch with 4 wires on it, but i do not know how to get code. i also wanted to know where to find the set valve if the 08 has one.
http://elborracho.org/files/gsxr1000k7servicemanual.pdf. Here is the service manual for the 07 08 gsxr 1000. This should help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2006 600. Did exactly same thing. Had to take of the stock exhaust just to check what was the valve doing.

Key always on, I noticed that when you turn the red switch (run) ON, valve will close 70% then fully open again. When I switched the run button off then once again ON, Ive noticed that now (2nd time) the valve closed 100%.

Did this same thing, but now getting the engine running and guess what? Turned the key ON, turned the run bttn ON and started the engine.
FI was blinking.
Turned the run OFF,then back ON, hit the start an the FI was gone.
This second time I could actually hear a quick mute in the exhaust, caused for the complete valve closure.
Ive came to understand that every every time when you start your bike and valve doesn't fully closes you get FI but when you start your bike and valve closes 100% then opens right back you don't get FI.
So, every single time the valve fully closed after startup I wouldn't get the FI advise.

POSSIBLE CAUSES:
1-Low battery voltage- When you are about to start your engine, lights, gauges, starter, ECU and valve servo, all these makes a big drain in batt. lowering the voltage causing servo not to be strong enough to fully close the valve. (The last 20% of the valve movement is the hardest one cuz of the spring array that tends to keep it open)

2-Damaged servo- As any servo after a while it can loose part of its power(just an option)

3- rusted valve junctures (will spray chain lube tomorrow, let you know what happened. Hopefully wont start a fire)

This is just what Ive seen in my bike. I could be completely wrong.
Guess we should ask a SUKI designer.
ofcourse we are not going to find one here::laughingr

Later..........
dovermann , you da MAN!!!!! Been having the same problems but did like you said and wire was loose. Tightened them up and all is well. Thanx a million!!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
problems

hey i just bought my first sportbike a 1999 gsxr 750 and theres a problem where my bike govners out at arouund 7-8000 rpm and the fi light comes on and the gauages completely shut down for a sec and then shell cut back in ...code 00 comes up which means no fault but theres sumthing obviously wrong...any comments would be great thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
GOOD 2 KNOW THAT IT WAS HELPFUL 2 SOME1
Also , to take it a step farther , I took the factory pipe off and sprayed the valve with PJ1 ( lub ) and the wires also and runs great. Haven't had the problem anymore but I still keep my fingers crossed everytime I fire the bike up. :shifty

·
Registered
126 Posts
mine seems to have majically repaired itself.. i went and got the switch and everything.. found the plug i needed to jump.. and i been riding for a week now.. with no issues.. knock on wood..

·
Registered
79 Posts
today when I took off from work I notice the red indicator light stayed on and FI was flashing were the temperature shows, so I rode my bike straight home. 2 hours later I started up my bike and it's gone. Will this come back? what does it mean? help please, oh yeah, It's a K7 600 with 2900 miles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
more than likey mine did the same thing and pulld code yesterday and it was c00 the default went to start today and fi on again pulled the code again now it is c46 exhaust value going to try and lube it and see if it fixes the problem

·
Registered
482 Posts
Does anyone know how to fix a code C30. My local dealer has no idea what it is or how to fix it. I can't find anthing on the secondary throttle control unit.

Titus

·
Registered
79 Posts
more than likey mine did the same thing and pulld code yesterday and it was c00 the default went to start today and fi on again pulled the code again now it is c46 exhaust value going to try and lube it and see if it fixes the problem
Is the exhast value the flap that opens and closes where you bolt on the slip-on to? What part do you lube??

·
Registered
23 Posts
i figured out the it is the valve not opening all the way . i can grab with pliers and open the turn bike on and it cycles trough and no fi light ,turn it off and back on and the light is back on .for the cables in using cable life lub and the flap i think im going to use pblaster.

·
Registered
126 Posts
FI error codes for me..

2004 GSXR1000
Full Yoshi TRS exhause
Power commander

C32/C33/C34/C35

Fuel Injector:

Crankshaft position sensor (pickup coil) signal is produced, but fuel injector signal is interrupted continous by 4 times or more in this case, the code C24, C25, C26, C27 is indicated.

Injector, wiring/coupler connection, power supply to the injector.

Ok, here is what happened.. i put the paper clip and put the bike into dealer mode.. the bike is running normal.. then the infamous light comes on, the bike cuts off, no power, then comes back on.. those codes are what pops up.

K, do i need a new sensor?? or, a battery,

Only thing done to this bike since i got it, was i removed the rear fender, and rear liscense plate light.. thats the only thing that is not plugged in. and i never got these codes untill that happened. i am wondering if i should plug in the light.. just and see if thats some kinda wiring/coupler connection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what could be the problem

i have code C21 - INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR how can i fix this .......please help

21 - 40 of 62 Posts