Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding my k3-1000 the FI light came on and blinked. The bike rode like normal no problems. so i killed it and restarted and it didn't blink anymore. then a few days later riding the same thing happened so i repeted the same process and got out the owners manual. it said to take the bike to a shop ASAP for a fuel injection problem. this happend right after i had to put 88 octane fuel in due to no 93 anywhere. so i called a local shop who said there is a exhaust cable before the mid pipe that needed to be tighted and that would fix the problem. well well it did. i am just wondering if anyone else has experinced this or not. the shop said it pretty popular with the k3-1000.

Daniel

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
everybody that I know yanks that cable off and unplugs the wire from the ECU.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
yea most poeple put an aftermarket pipe on so it removes that exhaust valve.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Brown with black stripe going into the ECU. I think. There are two ov them. 1 is right the other is not.

·
Registered
400 Posts
same thing happened on my 01 1000, i just turned the two cables on top of the valve a pinch tight(like they didnt even turn and it fixed the problem..should work.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a K4 1000 and the correct pin for that ECU to pull is pin 33 of the larger plug. And yes it is black with a brown tracer. Just push in the single white tab on the side of the plug, pull the wire and then push in the two white tabs on the opposite side of the plug back in. Then wrap the metal portion of the pulled pin with tape for a day when you might need it.

I'm not sure if the close, but different year, bikes are the same wire though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.