Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,193 Posts
Welcome.

The red FI light comes on for 3 reasons.
1. Low oil pressure (there will be an "oil can" icon pop up in the cluster.
2. Over temperature ( a "thermometer" icon will pop up in the cluster
3 An ECM detected fault (there will be flashing or steady "FI" in the temp window)

Which do you have?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Has the FI light always been on since you owned the bike?

Have you done any work on the bike recently?

If you shut off the ignition to set the dealer mode, the code will clear and the C00 might not be accurate.

What rpm does the bike idle at?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome.

The red FI light comes on for 3 reasons.
1. Low oil pressure (there will be an "oil can" icon pop up in the cluster.
2. Over temperature ( a "thermometer" icon will pop up in the cluster
3 An ECM detected fault (there will be flashing or steady "FI" in the temp window)

Which do you have?
i have the "FI" light on steady on in the temp. window

·
Administrator
11,193 Posts
i have the "FI" light on steady on in the temp. window
Search for "gsxr dealer mode". You have a fault code but it goes away after you turn off the bike.
You need to put it in dealer mode and then start the bike to see the code.

Once you know the code, we can suggest a fix.

·
Administrator
11,193 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
+1 on running it till there's an error code. An oil can or thermometer icon will appear close to the red LED if it's low oil pressure or high temperature. It's some sort of FI/Cxx error if the icons aren't present and the red LED is on. You ought to be able to ride the bike with the LED on (obviously don't do that if either icon is displayed).

·
Registered
70 Posts
If DS sees code C00, doesn’t he have a dealer diagnostic tool (permanently) connected? IIRC, if one connects the tool and there isn’t an active malfunction stored in the memory of the ECU, the display shows C00.

So, I think that disconnecting the tool (either by flicking the switch or physically removing the switch + it’s cable) could be the solution?

On my K1 1000, the connector for the dealer mode switch / diagnostic tool is located below the pillion seat / seat cover on the left side of where the rider manual / toolset is supposed to be stored. Don’t know the placement on the K7 600, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts