Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of props to skibum91 for First Time Buyer but I just need to get a second opinion from riders instead of somebody that is going to cash in on my buy.
I have dirt bike experience and I know its not the same as riding a sportbike. I always respected my yz250 and always escape w/ scrape and cuts.
The time has come and the GSX-R750 is what I want but should I pay the dues and get a 600. Would it really make a difference, I seen the stats and reviews for both bikes. Will I regret not getting a 750.
I have only ridden a kantana750 once and it was just in the parking lot(2nd gear). I consider myself new w/ that said.
A second question is new or used.

Thx

·
Registered
171 Posts
I learned on a 600. I now have the 04 GSX-R750, I love it.
I think its up to you. I will say this, If you dont respect it, it will hurt you.
Hope you find fun in what ever you get. Ride at your own pace.

·
Registered
640 Posts
A lot of ppl will tell you to go sammal then go big after you get the experience. I myself started on a Katana 600 brand new and crashed it twice. I didnt have any riding experience at all so that was my down fall. With dirt under your belt at least you got balance and shifting knowledge. If you want to get a 750 get but like it was already said it will kick your ass just like any other size bike if you dont respect it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I own a '04 GSX-R600 and I have ridden the 750. As long as you can control the throttle, respect and understand it is not a dirtbike - the 750 will work. However, if you are buying new, a call to your insurance agent may make the difference between the two. I am very happy with my 600 and would not trade it for a 750. But it's still up to you. Good Luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Owning a 600 is not paying dues, I luv, cherish, adore, worship and fear my 600 all at once, believe me an 05 600 is more than enough bike for any beginner, I have plenty of dirt experience too, as i'm sure a good majority of the riders on here do, and let me tell ya gixxers are a different animal all together, this is just my opinion but if you are going to buy a race bike with lights, coz thats exactly what they are, I would stick with a 600, I know exactly what my bike can and can't do and believe me it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up on a regular basis, if your worried about keeping up with your buddies on their 750's, 1000's and whatever else, I ride with kids on gixxer 1000's and 750's, r1's, busas, 1000rr's, 636's, tl's, u name it and I'm never at the back of the pack. If your worried about what other people will say, anyone whose opinion in the two wheel world matters will respect a rider with a 600 who can handle it far far more than a rider with a 750/1000 or whatever who can only go fast in a straight line, just my 2c, I'm quite sure you'll learn to ride on a 750 just fine, if you respect it, just take it slow, ride within your limits and learn your bike. Have fun and welcome to the world of gixxers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.