Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting a Kato Daijiro Memorial X11 for about a year now. I passed up on two different ones for about $500, then to my surprise was this one ending on ebay yesterday. 1 small chip on bottom/back and a very slight 1" scratch on right side but inside is pretty tattered up. Grabbed the helmet for about $175 and bought all new interior from Shoei for $100....Can't wait for it all to get here and get her put together!!

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Probably one of the most sought after helmets ever made. I know I still want one. Awsome score bro :clap:. Kato was an incredible racer only to be taken from us too early.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Good find.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably one of the most sought after helmets ever made. I know I still want one. Awsome score bro :clap:. Kato was an incredible racer only to be taken from us too early.
thanks, ive been waiting for someone else to realize the score i made!! i freakin love this lid, and yes Kato was amazing and def taken to soon. it also really sucks cause who knows how it might of turned out had proper procedure been taken after his fall......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good lookin helmet! Congrats on the pickup!

Just out of curiousity, how old is the helmet? I'm not too familiar with this helmet. (Not saying it is in bad shape or anything, just that they recommend you replace a helmet every 5 years due to the foam on the inside deteriorating). Even if you don't ride in it, that helmet will look damn good on a shelf somewhere!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i believe it said it was from 04 or 05, not positive though...... ill wear it once or twice just to do it, then hang it up as display... its a hard find so putting it on display is cool with me, i just always wanted it...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.