Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got that knee down today...didnt have the camera today when it happen but i promise pics later to prove that i can...but here are some pics from the other day after i threw on the tires..."wear-in session"

·
Registered
318 Posts
hey nice job.. but you dont have to prove anything. lol we all belive you. and nice pictures. good job. i just learned how to put my knee down as well a month back. feels good! :thumbup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
good job man!:thumbup: i have only been riding since like december... i can't get my knee down yet..but im working on it...lol im taking it slow tho.. i gata stay within my limits.. better to ride the second day then be out a month..lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I'm months away from getting the knee down...hey judging by your user name we've got something else in common, what you running the 4G63 in? I run the same engine in a custom AWD Cyborg hatch :thumbup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeha i plan on hitting some track day in june and july...yesterday we went for a ride and i got my knee down again on this hairpin turn...i just saw the vid (helmet cam behind me) and i will upload it when i get off work to youtube and share

·
Registered
873 Posts
looks good man

so any suggestionS?

When you get to the point where you feel going in more is risky, do you just keep going?

Seems like the only way I will touch knee is if I go in to a "risky feeling" low corner

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks good man

so any suggestionS?

When you get to the point where you feel going in more is risky, do you just keep going?

Seems like the only way I will touch knee is if I go in to a "risky feeling" low corner
i just watched those vids. and then while i was going in circles i just kept telling myself...lower, lower, lower...and i just stuck my knee out as far as i could and when i felt the scrap i stood the bike back up...then i just did it again and got the feeling out of the way...now it comes easy...thru corners and in circles...im just having a hard time with the right

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hell yeah! today I was able to get my right knee down...i feel comfortable with both now...we went for a short ride and i got both down around some twisties...feels so good

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Stop "trying" to get your knee down, you're only making yourself go slower.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Stop "trying" to get your knee down, you're only making yourself go slower.
i'll agree. the greater the lean angle the slower you will be, but then again he isnt racing or trying to beat his own best around the block. I will say you are doing the right thing by doing a track day. Hopefully you will come out of it a better rider and you won't want to drag knee on the public. You are way more commited to a turn the lower you are and its much more dangerous on the streets. You will love NJMP. If you have classroom time, pay attention. Dont worry about dragging knee on your first day. Just play it safe and concentrate on other things like the lines and your breaking. Become more comfortable riding with others and predicting what they will do. Bring your bike home in one piece. Trust me the track is fun but it is way different than the streets and you will be tired. One last thing is if you do feel tired don't force yourself out for another session. Listen to your body.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
i'll agree. the greater the lean angle the slower you will be.
Not true in all cases, you do need lean angle as speed increases (but you are correct in that there is a point at which too much lean angle is slower). However, by "trying" to get his knee down, his mind is on his knee...not the line, body position, eyes forward, braking, throttle control, clip point, exit line, traffic, etc etc etc. His mind is on his knee which is not good. If everything else is good, the knee tapping the ground will just happen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts