Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. Attaching my message to this post. Need to move mob bike from California to Washington DC. Could you help me with a recommendation, reliable and trusted trucking company. Maybe someone this year has used some companies, preferably with good reviews and prices. Thank you in advance for your help!

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Can it not be shipped with your furniture?

·
Registered
2013 GSX-R 600
23 Posts
Hey Kevin - Just had my bike shipped from Minnesota to Denver and used Uship. Received some quotes that were all over the map but ended up using a guy (joetivation) who was within my budget. He even purchased a canyon chaser while at the dealership to ensure no damage from tie downs. I can't speak for anyone else on uShip, but this guy was good. Cost was $475 for covered transport, dealer to residence. Received quotes up to $800. Patience is key. This was for my Gixxer.

Had my other bike, 2016 Ducati 1200R shipped from DC to Denver in July 2019. Used Federal Motorcycle Transport, $815 door to a dealer here in Denver - covered transport. They did damage the front fork, gouged it a bit. Really annoying as it's an Ohlins and NOT cheap. Claim process was a pain and I abandoned the effort after awhile. The damage was cosmetic, and could mostly be concealed with a bit of paint (they're black) but you can feel it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings to all. Attaching my message to this post. Need to move mob bike from California to Washington DC. Could you help me with a recommendation, reliable and trusted trucking company. Maybe someone this year has used some companies, preferably with good reviews and prices. Thank you in advance for your help!
Hi, I carefully searched for a trucking company based on the reviews and recommendations of my acquaintances and decided to stop at this Costs to Ship a Motorcycle: How to Get the Best Prices. transported my SUV from Washington to California. Delivery went very well, quickly, cheaply and most importantly without any incidents. My opinion on this company was very positive, I liked their professional approach to their client, they work responsibly at the current time of 2020, quickly and efficiently, if in simple words they treat them as their own. In general, the company is super, I recommend it to everyone!

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
I have a buddy who has shipped several. He's used motorcycleshippers.com several times, did have a busted turn signal once. He said the best has been motoshippers.com. Haulbikes was "a disaster".

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Just ride it! LOL,

J/K too.

some good advice, good luck

·
Registered
413 Posts
"Haulbikes was "a disaster"."
I'd never heard of them but happened to see them in town today loading a bike. As I rode by it looked like they were picking up a Harley by a hoist. Looked impressive and expensive but I really don't know anything about them. Their web site claims industry leading low damage rates. Do your research as tigerblade may be spot on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts