Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Back in 1986 my dad bought a GSXR1100 off the showroom floor from Bettencourt's Suzuki/Honda in Bridgewater Massachusetts. He owned the bike for a number of years, then had to sell it when he opened up his business. I am now trying to track the bike down, and attempt to purchase it back from whoever the current owner is. Is there a way to get the current owners information? I have used multiple VIN information sites and come across a few discrepancies. Some websites say the Bike was stolen in 2002 somewhere in Mesquite Texas, and others say its in Colorado, with registration date going back to 2009. Is there anyone here that can help me narrow down what actually happened to It? If you have any information on it, please text me at 339-987-9366.

Here is the VIN#:

JS1GU74A7G2102953

Thank you for our help!
(actual image of bike)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
I am not familiar with the laws of the various states. You could take the last known person being recorded as owning it and start chasing them down. Facebook, motorcycle sites, etc.

Was your dad active in any forums? Perhaps old forum members may recall what happened to it. Current members of sites could verify if their bike has that VIN. Start with groups who may have it and see if it is around?

Reactions: rv6john

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not familiar with the laws of the various states. You could take the last known person being recorded as owning it and start chasing them down. Facebook, motorcycle sites, etc.

Was your dad active in any forums? Perhaps old forum members may recall what happened to it. Current members of sites could verify if their bike has that VIN. Start with groups who may have it and see if it is around?
No he wasn't on any forums. He sold it back in 1988, so all of this work is a real long shot. I've posted the Vin to a few bike pages on FB to no avail. Maybe local law enforcement could run the vin and help me out?

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
Maybe. Could the dept of transport do a title search? Might cost you twenty bucks or something. I would think you may have to do it in each state. It is a long shot for sure. If it was ever stolen the trail will end there unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts