Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys that have fine tuned your suspension, does it feel like you're riding on Cadilac suspension when you have a passenger? If so do you just ignore it or re-adjust for compensation of passenger? If you DO re-adjust, what all do you adjust? just the Pre-Load? or the compression and rebound as well?

I thought I had my suspension set just right. However I never really did canyons and set it based on the 91 FWY (which is bumpy as hell) because for the most part (at the time) I was mainly just commuting to work and back, until now. Anyways I only weigh like 120lbs so I had to soften her up a bit. Well my girl weighs about the same if not a little less now, and when she's on back, it's REALLY soft. Any recommendations?

I adjusted it according to the article on Sport Riders Mag website Here.

Sorry if I missed a similar post in my searches.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I would leave it tuned for 1-up riding since that's what you do most of the time and thats also when you do the most aggressive riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You wont risk bottoming out the rear with 2 up when the suspension is set for single rider? I am about 160lbs and is setup for me. about twice a month i go 2up. I haven't done it on my gsxr cause it was set for me only and wasn't sure how it'd work out. I'd adjust tire pressure but that's about it and i should be fine, right?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you guys that have fine tuned your suspension, does it feel like you're riding on Cadilac suspension when you have a passenger? If so do you just ignore it or re-adjust for compensation of passenger? If you DO re-adjust, what all do you adjust? just the Pre-Load? or the compression and rebound as well?

I thought I had my suspension set just right. However I never really did canyons and set it based on the 91 FWY (which is bumpy as hell) because for the most part (at the time) I was mainly just commuting to work and back, until now. Anyways I only weigh like 120lbs so I had to soften her up a bit. Well my girl weighs about the same if not a little less now, and when she's on back, it's REALLY soft. Any recommendations?

I adjusted it according to the article on Sport Riders Mag website Here.

Sorry if I missed a similar post in my searches.
Most bikes are set up from the factory with two riders in mind that is why you should check your suspension when you buy your bike. Bike manufactors use progressive springs to try and cover all types of riders one size fits all attitude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.