Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since I changed the back sprocket to a vortex same teeth as the stock one just got it in blue and I addd the power commander my first gear take off speed is slower now.I went down 1 tooth in the front to gain more speed at take off and now since the back sprocket is changed and the ps ic added I lost first gear take off speed. How in the world does that happen.This power commander as of right now isnt paying off. I pay $300 plus for the pc and now I have to get a customed map which is $350 where I live. could it be the pc or the back sprocket. the bike gsxr 750 is a 07

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The rear sprocket should not change anything, perhaps count the teeth to make sure it's the same. If the PC is not tuned, take it out, see if the power comes back.

·
Registered
894 Posts
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much power do you think you actually lost? If you say anything over half then either you have an ugly ass map on there... i mean super hideous......or there is possibly another problem that arose from the PC install

With a -1 in the front, you prolly wouldnt even notice a poor map. And if the map is that bad, then i would suggest not riding it or youre gonna melt internals... But then also, it would not only suck in first gear which is what boggles me in this situation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much power do you think you actually lost? If you say anything over half then either you have an ugly ass map on there... i mean super hideous......or there is possibly another problem that arose from the PC install

With a -1 in the front, you prolly wouldnt even notice a poor map. And if the map is that bad, then i would suggest not riding it or youre gonna melt internals... But then also, it would not only suck in first gear which is what boggles me in this situation.

I would say a 4-5. but when I hit 2nd it kicks in good then. I put a stock exhaust stock filter map on it. I got rid of the 2 bros map with stock air filter. when I put the stock map on it helped the chugging I get in first alot.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I wouldn't trust a downloaded map or pre-program map on the Power Commander. I always have had my PCIII custom mapped and mapped for various fuels (i.e. - pump gas for trackdays, VP race fuel for sprints). Every bike is unique and has it's own quirks. Just because your bike has the same mods as the downloaded or pre-programmed map doesn't mean it's the best map for your bike.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I wouldn't trust a downloaded map or pre-program map on the Power Commander. I always have had my PCIII custom mapped and mapped for various fuels (i.e. - pump gas for trackdays, VP race fuel for sprints). Every bike is unique and has it's own quirks. Just because your bike has the same mods as the downloaded or pre-programmed map doesn't mean it's the best map for your bike.
I use the taylormade map and it actually works pretty damn good.. very impressively. Could use a little more starting throttle response which will take me getting a custom tune.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Agreed, but do you think a pre loaded map could be that poor to lose 50% of power? and only in first gear?

Have you Run a 0 map yet to see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed, but do you think a pre loaded map could be that poor to lose 50% of power? and only in first gear?

Have you Run a 0 map yet to see if that makes a difference?

Yes I have ran the 0 map and it didnt help. What helped was putting the stock exhaust map on. Thats probably the one on there from the factory. I dont even know if they are pre propgrammed, are they

and how much play do you need in your chain

·
Registered
448 Posts
ive had this happen to me a few times after the pc3 install on my 600. i found if you let the bike idle til it gets above 120 degrees it helps with that lack of power in first. not sure if its the temp or letting idle longer that helps, but i seems to not bog when taking off when i let it really warm up.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I pay $300 plus for the pc and now I have to get a customed map which is $350 where I live.
Well no one said it was going to be cheap,
if you want quality you're going to have to pay for it.

Buying the PC itself is just half the battle.
Yes it is a little tough forking over the dough for a custom tune, but I guarantee you will not disappointed with the results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.