Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my first Suzuki. I've had a string of Kawasakis a couple of Yamahas and most recently a Honda which I just never felt like I really "bonded" with. I found an 04 GSXR with very low miles that was priced really decent due to being rashed up on one side. I thought, "I always wanted to try out a Gixxer" so here's my opportunity. I have high hopes for it so we'll see how I like it after I get it fixed up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GSXR1000K6, Ayekay, and qbenplaya00 :)
Here's some pics...

The good side

The bad side

Rash on the front

Rash and crack on the tail

The worst of it

Bike's in nice shape other than that with pretty low miles.

I spent a day cleaning it up when I got it. I found a set of used signals locally to replace the cheap aftermarket ones that were on it. Made a new little bracket for the license plate with enough room to fit the stock signals and to put a small light above the plate. Then I took it to the shop to have a new set of tires put on. I still need to find a set of stock mirrors and bar ends in addition to fixing the bodywork. Whoever put the pipe on didn't change the air filter so I'll get a K&N to replace the stock one. Doesn't seem to have been ridden much so I'll change the plugs, replace the fuel, and change the oil and filter before I start riding it.

Looks like I'm going to get a lot of use out of this site.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts