Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit up wide open wednesday, and a little disappointed. My fastest run of the night was 11.9 at 120 mph. My fast 60 was 2.2. I could not for the life of me get the bike to hook. No matter how soft or hard i rolled into the trottle, nor how much i feathered the clutch, the bike would still would spin till 8k rpm through first. I know i need more seat time, but are my ties letting me down?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
How long are you burning out? What tire are you running out back? SWB or stretched?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GSXR 750, stretched 10" on pilot 2ct tires. burning out for about 10 seconds and walking it left to right. lowered 3" in the rear, 2" on the front tubes. pulling up to right side grove and launching at 6k

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get a shinko hook up and a penske race shock and if the track is goodrun 12-13 psi Iif the track is at its worst run 9.5-10 stockmotor gsxr 1000 no motor work just light weight and bolt on parts 9.2 at 148 and 5.something at 122 Iin the 1/8

·
Registered
41 Posts
I' m at about 6-7 stretched on a 05 gsxr 1000 but I need to go longer to to 10 cuz im wheeling bad I busted my oil coming down off a wheelie this last race weekend maby ur to long of a stretch for ur bike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get a shinko hook up and a penske race shock and if the track is goodrun 12-13 psi Iif the track is at its worst run 9.5-10 stockmotor gsxr 1000 no motor work just light weight and bolt on parts 9.2 at 148 and 5.something at 122 Iin the 1/8
I want to try that tire. Those are nice numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts