Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 hyabusa engine I put into a race car and I am trying to get it running. When I turn on the ignition and run switch, The FI light flashes and FI appears on the lcd. There are no codes stored in the ecm. any thoughts would help?

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
Are you in dealer mode when you turn on the ignition and run switch?

Also, there are only a few things that will cause a major fault (flashing FI light) so check out the fault table in the service manual. I know the CKP is one of them but there are a few others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried it both ways with the same result. The crank sensor checks out good. Do you know what the other factors are that would cause this major fault. I have the service manual but have not found much info on this problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the ignition switch. I purchased a new ignition switch, but it does not look like it has factory Suzuki keys in it and I have read something about a resistor in it that the aftermarket ones don't have. Is there some way to check for that or even bypass it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After checking everything over for about the 5th time, I put it all back together, put it in dealer mode, turned everything on and the LCD displayed a c 42 code, with no red light.. I then checked my ignition switch for resistance at the wire that goes to the ECM terminal 21. No resistance. So my ignition switch must not be an OEM switch. I think i'm now on the right track

1 - 6 of 6 Posts