Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm looking into an 02 gixxer 600. The kid's getting hard up for money, and he's lookin to sell, so I'm gonna try to offer him 4k for it and see if he bites. The only thing that I know is wrong with it is that the HID headlight flickers. How much of a pain in the ass is this going to be to fix? I was told it's a matter of adding an extra battery to power the headlight itself, but I'm not sure if this is a sign of other electrical problems.

I know it starts and runs fine, and both my friends who know the bike well say it's a great bike and a good starter bike since it is used...but I just don't wanna pay for something and then have to do a ton of work on it, ya know???

Anyone ever had this problem with the headlights? How'd ya fix it?

Thank guys!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is it just the HID light flickering? Or the Gauge lights as well? I had that problem but in my case, my screwdriver fell outta the tool bag and crossed the +/- terminals on my battery. If it is the original battery, could be getting bad.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a friend who's a mechanic, but before I even let him know I'm interested, I wanted to know what the chances are that I'm getting into a huge pain in the ass.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
If it is just the headlight flickering it shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Don't ride at night then it doesn't have to be a problem hahahahaa but no seriously it sounds like a wiring problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts