Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Riding around town, leather gets hot, BUT, if it's raining, leather kick butt. Leather is also fine as long as your moving. Out on the highway I don't find leather any worse then mesh or textile.

·
Registered
95 Posts
theres no way I could wear a leather jacket in this 100 plus degree weather,I dont know who could. I would get a nice textile one that breathes good and has a removable linear.

I use my leather jacket when it gets a little cooler:thumbup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Alpinestars makes some nice jackets, lots to choose from. I use the Sniper Air Flo jacket or whatever its called. It's the gray cammo looking one. It's actually rather comfortable and has decent airflow since there's a good amount of mesh areas. Unsure how well it'll hold up in a crash/slide, but since it's made by Alpinestars, I have some faith that it would perform rather well. Oh, and it's like zero waterproof lol.

·
Banned
813 Posts
I have an icon merc stage 2 gixxer jacket, size xl if you are interested. Its light and airy for the hot humid ass weather but its also waterproof for those 10 second showers we get lol, I'm selling it for $75 shipped :thumbup: just fyi

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can only wear my textile jacket in the morning on the way to work. Now that winter is comming that will change. Theres just too much humidity down hear to wear the gear all the time. It does keep the sun off the skin but it traps the humidity in and that sucks. Bunch of squids down here.

·
Registered
337 Posts
mesh is where its at for florida weather, yes leather would hold up better during a crash but mesh is better than nothing

·
Registered
54 Posts
ive got a icon merc jacket. its got leather on the top of the arms and mesh everywhere else. i like it also have a technic jacket that is full mesh. both have decent armor though.

·
Certifiable Bike Nut
3,065 Posts
ive got a icon merc jacket. its got leather on the top of the arms and mesh everywhere else. i like it also have a technic jacket that is full mesh. both have decent armor though.
I have one of the same for scorching days of which we only get a few of. But even if you had a light colored mesh bike jersey and sported armor over it you would be in good shape. Then just carry a thin rain shell in your bike. Icon has some great stuff and I've seen some motor-X stuff that would work as well. Look at what the pro-stunters & MX racers wear on hot days.

·
Registered
652 Posts
You got $300 to spend. Why don't you get an textile and leather jacket. That way you can wear the leather when it rains. If you don't plan on riding when it rains I don't see why you wouldn't buy a textile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.