Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you all go. Here is another new forum we are going to try out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tracks near Sacramento

Does anyone know of trackdays held around the Sacramento area? Any prices and other information would be appreciated. I have never gone to a track day. I have heard a novice class is required before you can enter a class. Is this true? What training and instruction does the novice course consist of? Thanx folks...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Limboavionic said:
Does anyone know of trackdays held around the Sacramento area? Any prices and other information would be appreciated. I have never gone to a track day. I have heard a novice class is required before you can enter a class. Is this true? What training and instruction does the novice course consist of? Thanx folks...
In the next few days I will post some trackday sites that might help you but I am too busy to look them all up tonight.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Limboavionic said:
Go to the Thunderhill and Sear Point(Infineon) websites and they should have links to people that hold trackdays at those tracks, and they are going to be the closest tracks to you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have you been to the Web page that school is big $$ I just can't come up with that kind of cash for something like that. There are cheaper schools out there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yeah that is big$$ but i like that you can get your novice licence after you finish.I am thinking of selling the street bike for now and get a race bike.I think the 1K would be to much for me at the track right now when I can geta usaed gixxer 600 or 750 and maintain it at the track. Besides I have a new baby girl to think of right now and the laast time i rode some old man almost creamed me.I know i can still get hurt at the track but there are nocars,dogs,cops to worry about. If you see one pass me the link

·
Registered
43 Posts
The cheapest I found for trackdays is http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/

Don't expect to get thought how to race like any other racing school.

You will get 20 minute sessions all day long. where you can do novice - intermediate or expert level . Only the novice level gets a marchall in front and it not allowed to overtake.

The other two levels you just have to go your own pace or find some people to hook up with.

I paid 150 dollars for Little Talladega in April 2004. Which includes lunch.

I crashed my bike (2003 GSXR 750) on that day, but as soon as I have sold my jetski. I will use that money to have it fixed by GMDcomputrack in Atlanta. And use it as a track bike only.

My goal is to do a track day at Barberrace track in Birmingham alabama this year. I heard that this track has it all.

·
Registered
217 Posts
we have a friend that has been to the swantz school twice and cant wait to go back. we went to the freddie spencer school in march and will be going back only this time for the 3 day school. i have also done the cornerspeed school link and learned a ton. so yes there are alot of great cheaper schools out there but in my opinion there is alot to be learned from the big ones that the smaller ones dont give you. yes they are very expensive but also well worth it. i'm maybe going to try to do the swantz school this year in the fall so hopefully i'll be able to give you a comparasion between freddie spencer and kevin schwantz. but if you can afford it, it will definatly be money well spent.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had gone to the one day superbike school at the streets of willow springs last year... It was a blast a lot of track and class time.. only the first couple of sessions was there no passing the instructor and then after that you were free to pass as the instructors went around to see each one in their group one on one and give some personal attention to you... I think there is like 4 or 5 levels and hope to be going back for level 2 this year...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.