Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey GooRu, since were on the subject, and your the suspension master here. Would you happen to know if I could put 06' 750 forks on my 03' 750? Do you know if the tubes are both the same diameter? I know I would have to change to the 06' calipers/rotors because they mount diffrent on the new bikes. But I cant seem to find info on outer tube dimensions. Thanks man.

Also, Did the 1k just change to the BPF forks on the 09 model? Havnt been following much lately.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Suspension

There are basically two companies making most of the forks KYB and Showa. My suggestion to you is to try and find a whole front end for sale including the the upper and lower triple clamps. I have seen them range from 500 to 800 dollars plus it would be best if you bought the front wheel to make sure you have the right spacers. The biggest benifit you are getting is the brakes other than that stock suspension is stock suspension. I think the 03 is a 43mm and the 06 is a 41mm. 190318779342 this item number is selling the whole front end on Ebay for $400 except the wheel. A lot of busa owners do this just so they can get the radial brakes. You can revalve and respring your existing forks and get great results for around $650 if you do not want to swap the whole front end. It is just up to you how far you want to go and how much money you want to spend. Me personally I would sell the bike and move up a couple notches. I never buy new bikes off the show room floor. I always let some one else take the hit. And right now bikes are selling at the lowest I have ever seen a person can get a nice deal for around 5500 to 7500 on 04 through 06 models with under 10k on them for miles.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well really the only reason I wanted to change to the 06 forks is because they look a lot sweeter then the plain jane silver forks they put on the 00-03 750's. I like the bronze looking tubes they put on the newer forks. And the "diamond-like coating" or whatever they put on the inner tube thats supposed to make it slide easier I gues? The newer brake setup would also be nice.

So if I got a whole 06 front end. The steering stem from the 06 would fit in my 03 frame? Does the steering not change much year to year? Im not really wanting to upgrade the whole bike, I like my K3, dont have the money to upgrade anyway. I was talking to a guy that had 06 forks/lower tripple/calipers/clip-ons/levers/front axle(not sure about spacers) for $400, so I thought it might be a relatively straight foreward swap to my 750. The only thing im not sure about is if I swaped to an 06 upper tripple, I would probably have to swap ignitions also, that might be a PITA.

I was mostly wondering if the fork tubes themselfs would fit in the 03 tripple clamps, then all I would have to worry about is wheel/spacers. I was hoping maybe you knew or had a source on the info on the size of the 03 tubes/clamps and the 06 tubes/clamps. Thanks for your input man, I really appreciate it.

Edit: I noticed you mentioned that the 03 forks are 43mm and 06 are 41mm, dosnt this number refer to the size of the inner tube thou? I gues thats how I always understood it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.