Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
I read that article earlier. Pretty sad to drop dead of a heart attack at 39 but that guy should have been dead ten times over! What a career.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I knew him from CCS. He was an incredible rider. I didn't race CCS but ride a lot of track in Florida with many of the CCS guys. Very sad that this happened.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I've never heard of him, but he had a great name and was apparently tough as rawhide. RIP.
I imagine cardiac arrest is pretty common in Bogota.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I read that article earlier. Pretty sad to drop dead of a heart attack at 39 but that guy should have been dead ten times over! What a career.
Right! I read that and was like wow, all those horrible crashes and he dies young like that...RIP man, must have been a fearless dude to ride so hard all the time!

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,700 Posts
I've never heard of him, but he had a great name and was apparently tough as rawhide. RIP.
I imagine cardiac arrest is pretty common in Bogota.
His own fb page mentioned the struggles he had with opioid painkillers after a 2012 crash. Does sound like he was tough as nails. Godspeed.

·
Premium Member
8,142 Posts
His own fb page mentioned the struggles he had with opioid painkillers after a 2012 crash. Does sound like he was tough as nails. Godspeed.
I used to think people who got hooked on pills were weak until I had to take 10 mg Lortabs after surgery. I fell in love with them!
I knew I could have a problem with them so I didn't renew the prescription even though I was still in a lot of pain.
I don't know if that was a factor in this mans death, but if it was I understand.
God Speed.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I used to think people who got hooked on pills were weak until I had to take 10 mg Lortabs after surgery. I fell in love with them!
I knew I could have a problem with them so I didn't renew the prescription even though I was still in a lot of pain.
I don't know if that was a factor in this mans death, but if it was I understand.
God Speed.
Loritabs are good. I could see how it's easy to get hooked on them.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,700 Posts
God Speed.
Yeah I've had a couple major things with the broken back, etc. I tried to use as little as possible and didn't fill prescriptions when I got out of the hospital. Tried to limit to Tylenol. I don't blame people for using what's there or think they're weak because they can't kick them but I didn't even want to start down that path.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts