Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hmmm: I've started to polish the frame on my 750 but I'm wonder if polishing the part of the frame where the swing-arm attaches to would be different than the rest. It looks like there is a different kind of paint or texture or eaven metal than the rest of the frame is. It's the part that is welded to the front half of the frame just under the seat. Any info about this would be great...

·
Registered
543 Posts
you can polish it, just don't sand down the welds, you will weaken the frame, as for polishing that part it takes more than elbow grease, you'll get to play with buffing wheels. tools are your friend. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I have only polished the rear peg on the left side. I have only used steel wool and some light polishing. I'm not finished yet with that part but are you saying that I'm not going to be able to do the part under the seat by hand? If not, do u know where I can get a cheap buffer and supplies at?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought a $8 DA attachment for my drill. I used adhesive 80 grit to tear through the thick textured shtuff. Forget doing that part by hand. "Tools are definately your friend!" You can find the attachment at any Autozone.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks... I've got the parts now all I need is the time to do it... it will probably be at least a couple of weeks until it is done... I'll post some pics when it's completed..

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I used a scotch bright wheel. It will take it down smoother than high grit sand paper. Then Iuse a 4" grinderwith a polishing wheel on it and jewlers rouge. works great. Then final hand polishing with a piece of flannel cloth and polish (I use Wenol)

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I did a post on this earlier. Find it and read it. Mine looks almost like chrome. DONT use 80 grit paper. You will never get all the scratches out. here is a pic of mine.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Thought about changing my name. All my boyz call me Mr. Bling. :laughingr

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Wick... It looks like you polished your swingarm also... how much of it did you take apart? And what kind of paint is that? It almost looks like a satin finish...

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
03GSXR750 said:
Thanks Wick... It looks like you polished your swingarm also... how much of it did you take apart? And what kind of paint is that? It almost looks like a satin finish...
Krum's right, I used flat black. I took the whole bike apart. I bought another swingarm off ebay that was polished but looked like shit. So I re-did it. Took all the plastics, tank and subframe off. Never polished the subframe yet. Had to go riding at the time. Figured I would do it this winter.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
03GSXR750 said:
That looks real nice... I only hope to have mine look as good when I'm done..
thanks again...
Thanks man. With a little hard work you can do the same thing. Lots of patients.

·
Registered
543 Posts
it's worth it, i would love to do mine, but wick said he was gonna come down here and polish for me...whatta nice guy :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's some pics...

I've started to polish the left side --- I still have the front half to do and a lot more wet sanding and polishing to get it where I want it, but it's already looking good.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
it's worth it, i would love to do mine, but wick said he was gonna come down here and polish for me...whatta nice guy :D
:laughingr :laughingr I just saw that. :fu:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pretty much done....

I'm pretty much done w/ the polishing... it's not the best job but pretty good for my first time... I may clean up a few spots in the future...

These pics are from a camera phone so I'm not sure of the quality..

·
Registered
543 Posts
the picture on the bottom right looks nice, u can see the bling in that pic....looks sweet man.................KRUM :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts