Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased Puig frame sliders for 03 600. Right side fits fine- now the left side looks like you have to cut a hole through it for it to fit? Is there any other way to do them-or just cut a hole through it?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Yeah your going to have to cut a hole in your left side fairing. You can buy some that you dont have to cut into your fairing, but I dont recommend those the left side always breaks off if you lay it over.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
You have to cut a hole. To do it right, take the bolt out of the frame that you use for the slider. Next, mount the fairing back on and tighten all the screws and fasteners. Next, take a ball point pen one like the usual pens you see. Put it in the hole from behind and mark the fairing with it. Remoive the fairing and locate the marking you just made. It will be very hard to see so look closely!!! Now that you located it, take a 13/16 hole saw or whatever size your slider is at the base, and drill it out slowly. Take some 400grit sandpaper and touch up the edges. Remount the fairing and put the slider on. It should fit perfect with no gaps and look perfessional. Mine did.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply-- My boy took a dremel tool to it - done in ten minutes

Looks good. Thanks again for the reply! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
No problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i believe vortex racing makes an offset for the left side. at least they did for my 750. i dont know how strong it is though. i couldnt see cutting through my 1 year old fairing either.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
itsagixxer said:
i believe vortex racing makes an offset for the left side. at least they did for my 750. i dont know how strong it is though. i couldnt see cutting through my 1 year old fairing either.

They break when you crash.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
bradgsxr03 said:
my left side broke off when i crashed i used offset from vortex they suck!!!!!!!!!!!! :2hard

HAHAHA :laughingr Told ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts