Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

The other day, I saw a frame sliders on a 750 gixxer that was actually a square tube bar that came up around the outside of the fairing with a slider attached to protect the bike.

Does any one know who makes this setup? Looks pretty cool for protecting the lowers incase of a crash.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think these are the ones you're referring to: http://www.inturace.com/PartsbyM/images/Y2KGSXR750/IFS25L_1LG.jpg
Intuitive is the company that makes them and that's their website. I have their race ones on my bike and they work really well. I can't say much for the no-cut bracket ones. I they'd be ok for a slow drop, but could assume the bolt would snap off in a moderate speed crash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i think you are talking about a crash cage, lots of stunters use them because they are always dropping their bikes, they work well but i dont know how they would be for everyday street riding, it looks to me like they might drag the ground if you take a corner too hard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah those crash cages are used by stunters to save the fairings as well as the frame. Everyone thinks that regular frame sliders would also protect the expensive fairings, but they found out really quick with just one drop. The cage will protect the whole side. Nice stuff, but it looks bulky and heavy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.