Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i do as far as free mods. I have tre full exhaust breather mod k&n power commander what else can i do?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The PAIR is almost free, but not worth the hassle IMHO.

The TRE is damn near free if you can do a little electronics, and well worth it to me. But it is a hell of alot easier to buy one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have allready removed the pair valve and have done the TRE. I was wondering if there were any more mods out there for free or a couple hundred buck or so?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
run some short stacks in your airbox and also take that to nearest dyno facilty and get that thing tuned right. when done either get copy of maps and save also make sure you get a copy of ya dyno information and make sure he put the A/F readings on it

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Velocity stacks are the little "funnels" on your throttle bodies that stick into the air box. Changing them doesnt neccessarily give you more power, but tends to actually just move the power around. Sometimes it might actually give you less PEAK power, but will give way more midrange. There is an article in the latest sportrider talking about some velocity stacks, and how they affected the R1 they put them on.

For a few hundred, you can add a Power commander if you havnt already
Or for a few hundred if you do have one you can get a custom map.
Or Add a K&N, which isnt really any power, but nice ot have IMO.
Or change your sprockets to change they way your power hits, to give the illusion of more torque, not really changing your actual peak HP though.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
do what he said ^^^^

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
breather mod???whast this???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.