Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 2018 GSXR600. Still have the original UGLY rear fender that was removed. Don't know why anyone would want it, but pay shipping and you can have it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I assume that you mean the part that the license plate bolts to. But if you mean either the hugger or the "tray" for the battery, ECM, tool kit, etc., both referred to by Suzuki as rear fender, somebody probably would like them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct assumption. It's the stupid ugly factory piece that the tag bolts too. You know, the one everybody removes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First question is why I sold. The Gixxer cost me $300 a month with insurance. Never got to ride it. It wasn't worth the money to watch it sit.

Buddies have dirt bikes. Some MX, but mostly trail rides. There's miles & miles of trails here.

Sold the Gixxer, bought a 2020 Kawasaki KLX230R. Total cost is $100 a month.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I removed that part from my K6 and installed a fender eliminator in it's place only to observe cracking of the fender cover around the mounting holes. I've since cut away all of the rear fender except where it bolts in place. The fender eliminator now attaches over it. This provides more support to the fender cover and hopefully will stop the cracking.

The same may apply to the L6 600, in which case the fender has a use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts