Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 gsxr 600 full yosh 1 tooth down in front and k&N filter. he has an 04 R6. we both were goin at like 10mph and then took off and he just kinda flew past me. is this normal or is there somehting wrong with my bike. i got it used and dont know how abused it was. i dont think it was by the way ive heard. should i do something, tune up or what. thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
that's wierd b/c I've raced a R6 ( it was the limited Red/Black flame type) and I'm pretty sure it was an 03' with my 03' Alstare. I took him pretty good, and man do those things sound like a bitch stock. They are so quiet, almost thought a scooter was pulling up behind me @ first. BTW, both bikes were stock with no aftermarket exhaust and my gixxer was much louder.... :2hard

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
It could be the rider!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh i dont doubt that. ive only been riding for like a month and hes been riding for like 2 months. ive ridden other things (4wheelers and dirtbikes). i know its probably me too. but i was just wondering cause mine kinda bogs down when i take off from any bottom 4 gears. i just thought that is was kinda weird after hearing everything on here.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
drgnframe24 said:
i have an 02 gsxr 600 full yosh 1 tooth down in front and k&N filter.

Where is your fuel at? You need to add more fuel (just throwing it out there)
Full exhaust -1 and k&n ? try taking that filter out put the stocker back you will like your self

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I am sorry I meant that you need a form of adding more fuel to your bike and you would need a power commander or some type of engine management system to do this. Have you went to wwww.dynojet.com and read about it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sometimes I think it's the rider more than we'd like to admit...

I went to the drag strip last week with a few freinds.. A freind of mine has an 04 Legacy Turbo with a few minor mods... His best time that night was a 15.3. He and I let another freind drive both our cars and he beat my best of the night by a tenth and matched the Legacy's time. First time he had ever driven either car or a turbo AWD for that matter...

I hate to admit it but I'm not as good at the drag stip as he is or as good as I would like to claim to be... I think I'll stick to the twisties where I know I am more capable...

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I think there is just something wrong with you.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Drag racing is part of road racing. If you can't get off the grid quick then you will have a lot more work to do during the race.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Down in the front, Up in the rear = more bottom end.

Up in the front, Down in the rear = more top end.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
my buddy's '02 R6 gives me a helluva run for my $$$
he always gets me off the line, but by 3rd gear i'm passing him :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts