Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals i feel like I at least owe y'all an explanation. Due to the fact that in my short time as a member of this wonderful informative, accepting, and very supportive group i have met some good people. I am being all dramatic but I committed a terrible sin, I traded my 750 gsxr in and now am the happy owner of the 2020 YZFR1 Raven. I always had my mind set on the 1000 and have always rode Yamaha so it was a no brainer for me. I will be checking in on this group and if I need any help I will defiantly come to you guy. Thank you very much for everything!

I know everybody here like pics so I here it is....

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Shoot, I thought something bad had happened to you!

Nice work, enjoy the ride!
Wear gear, blah, blah, blah

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I've ridden several Yamahas and they're great bikes.
Like all liter bikes they have crazy power.
Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
9,016 Posts
Nice bike.

As has been said, that is your new bike, but hopefully not your last bike. Another GSXR could be in your future.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,775 Posts
I got to ride a 2015 R1 on track for a bit. Holy crap. I accidentally lifted the front while still leaned over. Felt like cheating. LOL

Congrats on the new ride. The crossplane sure makes pleasing noises.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,173 Posts
Where the fuck is that big ban button....I have the regular one here but there is a special button for Yamahas.

Seriously though, congratulations. Great looking ride and a solid bike. Don't be a stranger here, we don't care what you ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys are awesome! Like most I love all things two wheels, confirmed she is fast as fak I you will never understand what getting away from you means till you step into the liter!! The only problem I have with it is there is a ticking noise constantly the sales guy who owns several Yamaha's called it the Yamaha tick! I wanted to slap the shit outta of him till he started his bike and it made the same noise. I changed the oil yesterday at 750 miles and it was much easier than my 750 Yamaha use the quarter turn fasteners. What do yall think about two brothers pipes??

·
Registered
265 Posts
I’d d
You guys are awesome! Like most I love all things two wheels, confirmed she is fast as fak I you will never understand what getting away from you means till you step into the liter!! The only problem I have with it is there is a ticking noise constantly the sales guy who owns several Yamaha's called it the Yamaha tick! I wanted to slap the shit outta of him till he started his bike and it made the same noise. I changed the oil yesterday at 750 miles and it was much easier than my 750 Yamaha use the quarter turn fasteners. What do yall think about two brothers pipes??
id do a Ack or Graves brother

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’d d

id do a Ack or Graves brother
I will take your advice, my intention is to rid the bike of the huge ugly pos cat and hopefully the exhaust valve. I am not really into spending 2gs to do so but if thats what its gonna take.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok guys and gals i feel like I at least owe y'all an explanation. Due to the fact that in my short time as a member of this wonderful informative, accepting, and very supportive group i have met some good people. I am being all dramatic but I committed a terrible sin, I traded my 750 gsxr in and now am the happy owner of the 2020 YZFR1 Raven. I always had my mind set on the 1000 and have always rode Yamaha so it was a no brainer for me. I will be checking in on this group and if I need any help I will defiantly come to you guy. Thank you very much for everything!

I know everybody here like pics so I here it is....

View attachment 294178
Absolutely gorgeous bike my dude! I told myself "if" i were to ever get rid of my L1 1k, it'd be to a R1. They're awesome machines man! But check youtube for exhaust videos. I think the graves sounds great on R1's. Just my personal opinion. Enjoy the bike and be safe bro!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
God damn thats a nice bike! Whatdya think of all the extras is having control of all that suspension at your finger tips helpful? Have you got it dialed in where you want it or is it like a major distraction? Did your graves system get rid of the exhaust valve? Lastly what sorta mileage do you squeeze out of a rear rubber? Alright i am really impressed you got the front wheel skirt or front fender and rear fender after market? Your bike is sick! How many miles have you put on it? I recently turned over 1500 i feel like I live on the thing I can't get enough!! I went down to mexico today and tore the damn road apart my 750 would go 170 down a hill with me on it, my R1 went 184 (I have heard all liter bikes have a hard ceiling of 185 is that true?)down the same hill, I know its got quite a bit more I am still sorta babying it though. Mostly I have been practicing getting back to zero from 100 abs is beautiful on a motorbike!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I really like the active susp. Once you play with the settings it all starts to make sense. I really like the forks , but the rear shock is a little harsh.

i went with the Graves exup valve set up since I do all street riding in mostly traffic.
i have almost 20k on it right now.
I recently went with the high mileage Michelin’s instead of the sticky low mileage street/track tires
The M model is mostly carbon body. So a few carbon king assys and the rear fender eliminator kit I added.
also put on a RCS master and a Galespeed clutch perch assy

Attack racing did all the tuning to my bike. So, I suppose it’ll go as fast as the stock gearing will go?
I like the traction and wheelie control a lot. The combine front and rear brake takes a little to get used too, and the slipper clutch is way different for normal take offs to me.
My 03 GSXR 1000 has 160k on it and I like a non slipper clutch for feel on take offs. Also the long stroke gixxer has more torque off the bottom and mid range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts