Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I bought my bike back in feb (used) the guy i bought it from said he changed all the brake pads out, but come today im not so sure. Yesterday while riding a really bad grinding noise was coming from the front right rotor so when i got home I took the caliper off to inspect the pad...lo and behold..NO pad left AT ALL. I then checked the left side and it looks like its brand new.

Now im thinking either one of two things is going on here. either:

A. He changed the left pad and forgot to do the right

or

B. Something is wrong with the left caliper and/or wasnt bled properly so the right caliper was making up for the left and ate my pad to hell.

What are your guy's opinion on this and how can I check to see which is the culprit.

Also there is a little bit scratching on the rotor, nothing too serious I think. Does it need to be replaced?

Lastly, im just going to put new pads on the front altogether and have it professionally bled. What pads do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you guys recommend EBC or galfer brake pads?

·
Registered
103 Posts
had the same problem on the rear of my k5 after i bought it .bet they are cheap ebay pads and the pad fell of the backing .put all new pads front and rear its not worth messing with your life for the price of some new pads.by the way are the bad pads made by armstrong

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had the same problem on the rear of my k5 after i bought it .bet they are cheap ebay pads and the pad fell of the backing .put all new pads front and rear its not worth messing with your life for the price of some new pads.by the way are the bad pads made by armstrong
not sure of the make of the brake pads. Im gonna take them off when I get home from work and check to see what brand they are as well as try the wheel spin thing with only one caliper.

I'll post back then. Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out the pads on both the front are Tokiko pads, same that are stock on the bike.

and i tried taking the right caliper off and roll the bike then use the brakes to see if the left worked. All that happend is I squeezed the handle and there was no resistance at all in the lever. Is this because in order to work both calipers need to be on the bike or because the left one is not working?

Is there another way to check to see if the left caliper is not working?

Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump. Any brake gurus out there with any info???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.