Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07' 1000 and I just put Galfer SS lines on it but this problem was there before. I start out and the front brakes are not real solid, the lever isn't spongy(spongy isn't the right word but best description) but it comes back half way to the grip. As I ride a little bit the lever will become more "solid"(can only pull it in a little bit before it starts to brake) and the brakes are awesome. Then they will go back the other way. There is no consistancy to it, just seems to fluctuate back and forth for no reason. Any help? I have bled the system over and over, bled the master, bled the calipers again.... no change. Is the master going bad? I have no fluid leaks, no fluid anywhere, cap doesn't seem to be leaking. Mind you, the brakes are not bad to begin with, they stop fine, everything is good. They just go from good...to great!! I like the lever a little harder(solid may be a better word), and it goes from a little spongy(spongy isn't the right word but best description) to being solid and then a little while later back to being a little spongy. I have new lines, new fluid, new pads, 14K on the bike and clueless as to what to check next.

Thanks in advace for any help!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
not sure if this will help but i left the rear disc lock on my bike once and forgot... took off only to go 2' and stop... after that the rear brake did the exact same thing. The rear disc warped. I replaced and it was back to normal. Maybe your front is tweaked. Does it ever go soft after using it for a while? ...hahaha...no pun intended but damn that was funny....:lol:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock brake lever, I have no pulsation or anything when braking like you would have with a warped rotor or even one that was bent a little. It isn't something that changes quickly, it will be a little weird for a while and then become solid and be great for what seems like forever and then it goes back to not being solid. Not sure but it is becoming anoying. I just bled the entire system again and went for a ride and it still does the same thing. Not really sure what direction to go. Thanks for any more help I get.

Clark

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Re-bleed your brake system again (M/C first of course then the calipers). Leave your fluid reservoir half full will the cap just sitting on top of the reservoir. Ziptie the lever in firmly, but not as hard as you can, just firmly. About every 10-15 min tap your brakelines with something like a screwdriver from top to bottom. If there are any fine bubbles inside the line, tapping on the line will free them up to work their way to the top. After a couple hours of having the lever ziptied, cut the ziptie, screw the cap on the reservoir tightly (still half full). This next step is something I figured out on my own a while back (sounds weird but the amount of air I found was a surprise). Straddle your bike and lean the bike from side to side slowly a couple times but make sure you have enough fluid in the reservoir to not allow air into the system. Reason is that there could be air trapped in the banjo at the M/C and also in the L-shaped hose from the M/C to the reservoir (I've always found a few big air bubbles). Bleed the M/C one last time and top off the fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re-bleed your brake system again (M/C first of course then the calipers). Leave your fluid reservoir half full will the cap just sitting on top of the reservoir. Ziptie the lever in firmly, but not as hard as you can, just firmly. About every 10-15 min tap your brakelines with something like a screwdriver from top to bottom. If there are any fine bubbles inside the line, tapping on the line will free them up to work their way to the top. After a couple hours of having the lever ziptied, cut the ziptie, screw the cap on the reservoir tightly (still half full). This next step is something I figured out on my own a while back (sounds weird but the amount of air I found was a surprise). Straddle your bike and lean the bike from side to side slowly a couple times but make sure you have enough fluid in the reservoir to not allow air into the system. Reason is that there could be air trapped in the banjo at the M/C and also in the L-shaped hose from the M/C to the reservoir (I've always found a few big air bubbles). Bleed the M/C one last time and top off the fluid reservoir.
Thanks for the input ill have to try that myself. I have galfer brakes lines too and they are still not all right like they should be. got the mini vac too and still noda so ill try your idea. Thanx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.