Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 gixxer 600

riding along last night and i feel like the bikes working really hard, out of nowhere. I let off the gas and lurch forward. So this morning I take apart the front brakes. The pads are fine, although when i mess with the pistons, ie: pads out, pumping the brake lever. only 2 of the pistons move on the R side, and only 1 moves on the L side. Is this normal? Stealership wants something like 300 a piece for the caliper. Are they rebuildable?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes they are rebuildable. I just ordered a rebuild kit for my right caliper since my pads were dragging and wore them all the way down to the metal :eek:. I got it through my local shop who orders them straight from suzuki. I think it costs $60 per caliper to rebuild.

Mine is also a k6 600

·
Registered
612 Posts
If its wet and or you are storing your bike and not doing heat cycles on te brakes moisture will build up in the system and lead to rust where the water ends up. The piston area with rust gets you frozen pistons some times. Also when the pads are wearing down the piston starts extending further and further out the caliper hole which is living in the weather instead of in a bath of brake fluid. If it is all messed up then the o-ring on the pistons and piston can get jammed up. Good luck rebuilding the calipers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.