Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Was replacing my front brake pads on my '06 750 and I stripped the threads putting the caliper back on.

Does anyone know the length, size/thread pitch of the front caliper bolts?

(I don't have the orignal at work... hoping for a size so I can get a friend to pick it up... hehehe :D)

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey,

Was replacing my front brake pads on my '06 750 and I stripped the threads putting the caliper back on.

Does anyone know the length, size/thread pitch of the front caliper bolts?

(I don't have the orignal at work... hoping for a size so I can get a friend to pick it up... hehehe :D)

Thanks!
Does this mean your contemplating using an off the shelf bolt? I don't know the size, just make sure it is a legitimate grade 8 bolt. Last thing you want to deal with is a caliper floppin around at high speeds because a cheapo bolt snapped. Also, make sure the threads are ok on the mating surface, pay for a quality heli-coil if they are shreaded.

Can't suggest enough you don't cheap out with your brakes. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean your contemplating using an off the shelf bolt? I don't know the size, just make sure it is a legitimate grade 8 bolt. Last thing you want to deal with is a caliper floppin around at high speeds because a cheapo bolt snapped. Also, make sure the threads are ok on the mating surface, pay for a quality heli-coil if they are shreaded.

Can't suggest enough you don't cheap out with your brakes. :)
haha. Thanks. Got a grade 12.9. :) Stronger than grade 8.

If you were wondering about the size... it is a m10x1.25x70mm.

I won't buy SGP bolts. Too flipping expensive when you can find stronger ones for a quarter of the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts