Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
not to be mean, but probalbgy just the rider.......... but your name suggests otherwise :headscrat:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
clutch it in first, expiriment with different revs and where to drop the clutch at etc but start out around 25mph or so and just slip the clutch a little bit, then slip it more and more. You'll get it, just practice. And check out the how to wheelie section on here somewhere...

·
Registered
50 Posts
OOOOO OOOOO I got it put one of these on and u will definatly go up on 1 wheel. Sh!t probably no wheels how bout that for a stunt
:thumbup: ANYBODY GOT MORE NOSSSS!!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
gixer6_stunt_rideruk said:
guys i have a 2000 srad gixer 6 and the front wont come off the floor any ideas
sorry bout that off topic stuff but definatly 1st gear clutchin should do but patiance is a virtue so practice alot and u'll get the hang of it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
OWA_21 said:
OOOOO OOOOO I got it put one of these on and u will definatly go up on 1 wheel. Sh!t probably no wheels how bout that for a stunt
:thumbup: ANYBODY GOT MORE NOSSSS!!!!!

you couldnt pay me to ride that bike...wtf..NOS sitting on the hot hot hot exhaust pipe? logic tells me..thats just not what they meant by keeping it warm... :infrandom :wtf: :eek: :hmmm:

·
Registered
30 Posts
My buddy has a 99 srad 600 and its beat to shit but comes up without clutch. Clutching it up in first is DANGEROUS until you feel the bike out.Go somewhere like a back road without people or cars and on my bike (04 600) I go 30 mph in first then bounce on the pegs as the forks start to rebound (up) snap the gas a little NOT wide open but a bloop and you will definitly pop up a little.You will get the feel and add more throttle as you feel comfortable.First gear wheelies are the most tricky because it comes up so fast and by the time you reach balance point you are at redline. In second I go about 55 mph and slip the clutch,she comes right up and I don't redline till about 105mph. Second gear is WAY more stable and predictable but you need to be going at faster speeds.If its that important you could get a stunt sprocket kit and come up in 1,2 or 3rd without clutch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
U guys cant really tell from the pic but there is about a 1 inch gap in between the bottle and the pipe. Not much of a gap but when i talked the owner he said not all the bottle gets hot only the bottom.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
hotshot said:
My buddy has a 99 srad 600 and its beat to shit but comes up without clutch. Clutching it up in first is DANGEROUS until you feel the bike out.Go somewhere like a back road without people or cars and on my bike (04 600) I go 30 mph in first then bounce on the pegs as the forks start to rebound (up) snap the gas a little NOT wide open but a bloop and you will definitly pop up a little.You will get the feel and add more throttle as you feel comfortable.First gear wheelies are the most tricky because it comes up so fast and by the time you reach balance point you are at redline. In second I go about 55 mph and slip the clutch,she comes right up and I don't redline till about 105mph. Second gear is WAY more stable and predictable but you need to be going at faster speeds.If its that important you could get a stunt sprocket kit and come up in 1,2 or 3rd without clutch.
haha, what an idiot, "First gear wheelies are the most tricky because it comes up so fast and by the time you reach balance point you are at redline"
umm, if it comes up fast then wouldn't you hit bp SOONER? And if you're redlining your wheelies they probably are only a foot or so off the ground, and you have no business telling people how to wheelie. And if you can't get a wheelie to bp in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, why bother gearing it, it's only going to make it twitchier, and thus harder, to control it.

Clutch up in 1st, just slipping the cluch a little, like 1-2k rpms, that wil lift the wheel but won't shoot you to bp. Then just work on clutching it higher and higher, non of this powpowpower wheelie crap

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess I am an idiot for telling someone who is learning , what I consider the safest way to wheelie.If someone is asking for advice I assume they are learning and think they should get used to the bike coming up before POPING up. Reccomending clutch up wheelies in first to a noob is the reason for all the crashes.What do I know ,10 years riding and NEVER layed a bike down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.