Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and gals). New to this forum. I haven't owned a bike in 10 years. My last one was a 91 GSXR-750. Getting ready to trade my old International Scout for a GSXR that was laid down on the left, with a little fairing damage. I was told that the guy who owned it before the guy I'm trading with put a 600 front end on it. What are the risks in running this thing?

TIA

Tim

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
What year model is it?

If it is anywhere from 96-2003 they will swap easily, just the 600 is standard and the 750 is inverted forks. Not much difference really. They do provide different feels, and the 750s are a bit better at performance levels, but they will be perfectly fine on the street.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. Forgot to include the year. The bike I'm trading for is a 98 GSXR-750. I'm not sure what year the 600 forks came from. So as long as I don't try to beat the hell out of the bike, it should handle just fine, right? Thanks for the reply. This is what the bike looked like before he laid it down on th left side. I've got a little bit of work ahead of me, but I'm excited!

Tim

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
those look like 750 forks to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. That makes sense. I appreciate the responses. Can't wait to get this thing on the road. Just got it into the garage tonight. It needs a little bit of help. Mostly cosmetic. I need to find a mirror bracket/windscreen fairing stay and the shifter bracket, linkage, and lever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.