Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm a new rider and just bought this 2008 GSXR 600. I noticed that the fuel light was always on ( even with full tank), the gear display isn't working ( just see the - on it) and temperature saying "chec". It seem to be an electrical problem somewhere but I don't know where to start looking, any thoughts?
Thanks

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Is the bike running?

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Good. The cluster shows "CHEC" and the gear position "-" when it is not receiving data from the ECM. Data comes over the Black/Green striped wire in serial form from the ECM. There is a connector on the back of the cluster, a big connector in the nose connecting all nose electrics to the main harness and the connector to the ECM.

I would start with the big connector in the nose as it is a known area for corrosion, then check the other two.

I believe the fuel light is a separate issue, and probably the sensor in the tank, since it is on continuously.

Reactions: Alyyy and XPOH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good. The cluster shows "CHEC" and the gear position "-" when it is not receiving data from the ECM. Data comes over the Black/Green striped wire in serial form from the ECM. There is a connector on the back of the cluster, a big connector in the nose connecting all nose electrics to the main harness and the connector to the ECM.

I would start with the big connector in the nose as it is a known area for corrosion, then check the other two.

I believe the fuel light is a separate issue, and probably the sensor in the tank, since it is on continuously.
Thanks for the advice🙏. I will try that and let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts