Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
probably a pretty dumb question but does the fuel pump ground to the bottom of the fuel tank? i got a new(used) gas tank and it just doesn't prime anymore i got a new fuel pump relay and i know the pump works. its a 2005 gsxr 600

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
The Black/white striped wire is the ground for the fuel pump.

Does the old tank/pump still work?

You might include the year and model bike in your posts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Commonly the fuel pump has insulated ground (negative) terminal. What year of bike?
Check your wiring diagramm. This photo showing of my k6 600 fuel pump connection.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Pattern

·
Mod of the North
29,616 Posts
If we have been digging around inthe harness working on the bike would a tip over sensor on it's side not give us this symptom?

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
If we have been digging around inthe harness working on the bike would a tip over sensor on it's side not give us this symptom?
If it did, it would have to show a C23 fault code. He did not mention a fault code but ???

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it did, it would have to show a C23 fault code. He did not mention a fault code but ???
it was crashed i have a c28 and c41 code. soneone stole my fuel pump relay so i got a new one. i know it rained one day idk if some water may of got in there or maybe when i was jumping the fuel pump relay connector idk if that messed something up but i can get the fuel pump to turn on if i jump the connector. its 2005 gsxr 600

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
So is it still have the C41 code with the new fuel pump relay?

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
3,293 Posts
Stole the relay? That's bizzare and not crash damage for sure. With C28, are you sure you have the TPS and STPS sensors connected to the correct plugs? The upper sensor on the STVA is the secondary and the harness connector is BLACK. The lower identical sensor is the primary and the connector for it is GREY.

The FP relay isn't complicated. In a nutshell, the ECM tells the fuel pump to run by connecting the Y/B wire to ground. Please tell me you're good at electrical because I want to break this down to one part at a time. My favorite way to do this is with a multimeter and probing the individual wires.

Set your meter to DC voltage and push a small sewing needle into the Y/B wire. Connect the red lead to the needle and the black lead to the negative post of the battery. Turn the key on. You should see 12V. It might drop to near zero briefly when the ECM tries to prime, but after 5 seconds, you should see 12V constantly. This is step 1. Can't really proceed with any logic until we know this result.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stole the relay? That's bizzare and not crash damage for sure. With C28, are you sure you have the TPS and STPS sensors connected to the correct plugs? The upper sensor on the STVA is the secondary and the harness connector is BLACK. The lower identical sensor is the primary and the connector for it is GREY.

The FP relay isn't complicated. In a nutshell, the ECM tells the fuel pump to run by connecting the Y/B wire to ground. Please tell me you're good at electrical because I want to break this down to one part at a time. My favorite way to do this is with a multimeter and probing the individual wires.

Set your meter to DC voltage and push a small sewing needle into the Y/B wire. Connect the red lead to the needle and the black lead to the negative post of the battery. Turn the key on. You should see 12V. It might drop to near zero briefly when the ECM tries to prime, but after 5 seconds, you should see 12V constantly. This is step 1. Can't really proceed with any logic until we know this result.
i am buying a svta eliminator because its all broken even one of the butterflys and im also buying a new tps because that broke to. i was going to buy a multimeter because i was going to start testing connections

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
3,293 Posts
If your crash broke one of the butterfly valves, color me impressed. I'd also be worried that far more is messed up. You might need an entire throttle body.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts