Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 2004 busa fuel pump work with a 2001 gsxr600????

ok it may be a stupid question but i have a 01 600 iv been having problems with throttle responce, when i go more than 6k rpm it boggs. theres no F1 light i had my rust incrusted tank replaced last week with a brand new 1 and had my pump cleaned now i can accelerate smoother but the bike tops at 80mph and getting there is slow going seeing as i can only go to 6k.. the guy i have working on my bike is a local guy whos been working on bikes for over 20 years. we was going to do new injectors but came across a free fuel pump, only its for a 2004 busa.

by bike been out for almost 2 months now, im missing the best riding. any help is appreciated

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
will a 2004 busa fuel pump work with a 2001 gsxr600????

ok it may be a stupid question but i have a 01 600 iv been having problems with throttle responce, when i go more than 6k rpm it boggs. theres no F1 light i had my rust incrusted tank replaced last week with a brand new 1 and had my pump cleaned now i can accelerate smoother but the bike tops at 80mph and getting there is slow going seeing as i can only go to 6k.. the guy i have working on my bike is a local guy whos been working on bikes for over 20 years. we was going to do new injectors but came across a free fuel pump, only its for a 2004 busa.

by bike been out for almost 2 months now, im missing the best riding. any help is appreciated
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_secti...=Motorcycles&make=Suzuki&year=2009&fveh=28471

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_secti...y=Motorcycles&make=Suzuki&year=2001&fveh=2182

Not that this is concrete, I am going to say no as the part numbers are different. Unless hes willing to try and pull the Busa one apart and switch just the pumps, even that may not work though. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_secti...=Motorcycles&make=Suzuki&year=2009&fveh=28471

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_secti...y=Motorcycles&make=Suzuki&year=2001&fveh=2182

Not that this is concrete, I am going to say no as the part numbers are different. Unless hes willing to try and pull the Busa one apart and switch just the pumps, even that may not work though. Hope this helps, good luck.
thanks looks like he might try to switch the pump if it dosnt fit right in. idk he found the free pump and is doing the change free because he told me it would be fixed after i bought the new tank, $700 but i got it at his shop discount for 500 and the problem remains the same. now i may be looking at 300 for a new fuel pump and if thats not the problem i havnt looked at prices for new injectors. :headshake

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
thanks looks like he might try to switch the pump if it dosnt fit right in. idk he found the free pump and is doing the change free because he told me it would be fixed after i bought the new tank, $700 but i got it at his shop discount for 500 and the problem remains the same. now i may be looking at 300 for a new fuel pump and if thats not the problem i havnt looked at prices for new injectors. :headshake
my friends tank had the same issue, not the bike though, injectors were clogged from rust. we bought a nine volt battery, a snapple and some mild injector cleaner. Drank the snapple, rigged up the injector upside down in the bottle, popped the pintle with the nine volt and used compressed air, 25-30 psi i believe, with the injector cleaner and back flushed em. still using the same injectors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my friends tank had the same issue, not the bike though, injectors were clogged from rust. we bought a nine volt battery, a snapple and some mild injector cleaner. Drank the snapple, rigged up the injector upside down in the bottle, popped the pintle with the nine volt and used compressed air, 25-30 psi i believe, with the injector cleaner and back flushed em. still using the same injectors.
well the pump from the busa is in and working, it has good presure and all but turns out not to have been the problem. it looks like injectors are my next step. im going to suggest him trying to backflush them but i dont know how it would work and i dought he dose seeing as how he never herd of seafoam untill i suggested that. if he cant a friend has a set of injectors from a
k3 600 he just needs to find them

is there a link or how to vid on how to backflush injectors?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Like gixxerfool said, just use a 9v battery to open the injectors and then flush them backwards, and shoot some compressed air thru them. Or you could hook up some leads to a 12v battery also to open the injector. Just dont use anything more than 12v, and make sure its a DC source and not AC, i.e., any battery. Id probably just put some sea foam/or other injector cleaner in a jar and let them soak for 5 mins or something to loosen up the crud before i blew them out. Running a little sea foam thru the tank so you clean your fuel lines probably wouldnt hurt either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone, i talked to him and hes going to try it. sometime today. sucks i cant ride the weather has been great. now by the time i get it back it will rain for a week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iv had the bike back for a day now and i must say it running better than ever. he backflushed the injectors, swapped a busa fuel pump in and cleaned the fuel rail. i put a lil seafoam in it was shotty at first but cleared up fast. i think it responds alot better but it bay just be that i havnt rode it in a month. but yeah thanks everyone who helped

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had a scare last night. i was on the highway and cruising with traffic in 6th at about 90mph for about 10mins. i got to my exit and looked down to see a f1 light but my bike was running great no signs of malfunction. i sat at a red light, hit the kill switch and took out the key then when the light turned green i started it up and no light. iv put about 60miles on it since the f1 to see if it would come back on but it hasn't so what may have caused it? i was thinking mabe since it has the hayabusa fuel pump that might have done it but idk. its time i change my oil it wouldnt f1 for that would it? the temp was at 180, whats the max temp it can go befor i should shut it off? i know im asking alot of questions but i dont want to end up with my bike out for another month.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The fan on the bike dosnt even kick on till around 225, so 180 is perfectly fine. I would shut it down if it got much past 235. Needing to change oil shouldnt make the light come on. Unless its SO BAD that your oil filter is getting clogged and the motor is not getting proper oil pressure or something. The FI light coulda just been a little fluke or somethin. I would just watch it to make sure it dosnt come back on. You might also wana put a switch on it for the dealer mode so if it does it again you can check the code before you shut the bike down.

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
If it makes you feel better, 2 years ago coming back from my sisters house, about 180 miles, I was halfway home looked down to see the FI light on and watch the tach go dead. I pull the clutch in to keep as much momentum possible and go to let it out, bikes comes back to life and havent had an issue since, knock on wood. Dont know what caused it, dont want to know. That was alot of miles ago too. Just keep an eye and ear out and do your regular checks. Good luck and glad everything worked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.