Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I must be a complete retard. How in the heck do you get the damn thing out of the tank???

Do you start taking it apart while it's half way out or what? I've looked at my service manual, says nothing about it. Searched the fourm, nothing that says how to get it done.

Anyone run into this and figure it out? :headscrat

·
Registered
162 Posts
Undo all of the mounting bolts and pull the pump out,once you reach the end of the fuel level float turn the pump sideways and it will come out. You may have to replace the o-ring if it has cracks in it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It wont come out... it gets hung up on part of the pump case. It seems too wide to fit through the opening. I know.. it doesnt seem right to me either. I have to be doing something wrong. I'll have to take a pic of the dang thing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I WAS RIGHT!!! I am a retard! Got home from work this morning and pulled it right out. Kind of a tight fit but its out. Just checking the screen to see if its clogged, my times seemed to be a little off the last few weeks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look what I found... 3600 miles.

Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Dessert

:clap:

Is there another fuel filter inside the pump case? I don't want to tear it down if i dont have to.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Not bad.. got my Paramedic card a few weeks ago. Glad that's over with.. won two out of the last three street bike races at my home track. Bike had been falling off a little et &mph. So I thought I'd check this out. I think most of that pink stuff is from the new fuel can I'd been using.

Not sure what I found was "bad" or "normal" ... guess I'll know next race.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes it is typical with race fuels. Here are some rules

1. Dont let Race fuel sit in your tank overnight.

2. Filter the fuel before you put it in your tank.

3. Run pump gas through your motor after you drain the race fuel.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, I do all that. I've only run one can or MR9 through it. Im usually running 93, heck I've got my highest MPH on 93.

Thanks, I'll see if it helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.