Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello..need help with my gsxr 600 02..its almost 3 month im with this bike and i cant figure out the problem..fuel pump and plug no fire..i thought my ecu problem so i bought new 1 from ebay and its not solve the problem..i bypass the o/y with solded diode
with O after the kill switch and still same no respond,all fuse and relay and fuelpump still good..im already checking generator and ractifier and its good..when i start it,engine crank but no fire plug and fuel pump sound..this problem come after i replace with the new battery..where i should start again my checking..fully headache..

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Welcome.

First have you checked the fuses? Specifically the "fuel" fuse? Not just looked at them but put a voltmeter on the terminals and verifying you have power.

If the fuses are good, do yourself a favor and attack one problem at a time. I would start with the fuel pump not working.

It should "prime" for a few seconds when the ignition and kill switch are first on. It should also run when the starter is engaged as well as the engine running.

The fuel pump is controlled by the ECM via the fuel pump relay.

If you put power directly to the pump, does it run?

Do you have power to the relay? If you ground the ECM ground terminal to the relay does the pump run?

A schematic and a voltmeter is what you need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already replace 1 blown fuse "light fuse" and my low light got blown..im already buy new FP relay,direct the FP,jump it,its functional..im also direct FP 1 wire to the ground and its run untill i kill switch off..its running without timer..all my O/W wire get power to the FP and plug,but each wire come from ecm no power..i got multimetre which i can use dc and adc..voltric metre couldnt read again i dont know why..so i use 20 dc just to see the current respond...my indicator just show CHEC...

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
...my indicator just show CHEC...
This is helpful.

The cluster shows "CHEC" when it has not received data from the ECM for a few seconds. Usually this is because the kill switch is in the "non run" position or the bike is in gear with the side stand not fully up.

Either your ECM is not getting power or it is bad. This ties in with the fuel pump not working and no spark.

No, the starter does not need the ECM to operate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what harness ecm power and ground??it is possible the ecm is bad because the ebay seller said that ecm been test on running bike and its in good condition...
this problem make me sick,everything i do doesnt solve problem..
i'll keep update later

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im already doing it,turn on ignition and kill switch,pullup side stand,crank the engine in 5 sec..the cluster still CHEC..if i have to buy a new one ecm,im afraid the problem still the same..im really down with this bike

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Your bike is broken. It can be fixed by someone that knows what they are doing.

If you don't know how to read a schematic or use a voltmeter, you are not that person.

That is why people pay other people to do work for them, because they don't have the time or talent.

Your choices are to educate yourself and do some troubleshooting or take it to someone that has the talent.

Of course you could throw more parts at it......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for everything broh..you make my brain work again..first im really thinks this can be ride in a short time but im wrong..since you said i could throw more parts on in,its sound like give me time for learning..thanks bro & gsxr.com

·
Registered
147 Posts
As best I can tell your bike should have an unused eight position connector nearby the ECM. There should be a B/Br and a R lead to it. Measure the voltage between the two leads with the ignition and kill switches turned on. It should be close to 5V if the ECM is getting power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kill switch off red wire below 5v
kill switch on red wire over 12v
black brown brown wire below 5v on/off kill switch..whats up next..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
updating..
red wire 5v
b/br wire 5v
does the o/y also 5v??im realise that my diode mybe blown because its reading above 12 seems like diode no fuction..i dont have diode so im bypass it with bl/b wire from left connector with switch since the bl/b wire always on..
so far the result still the same no plug firing and fuel pump priming

·
Registered
147 Posts
The R lead is sensor's power. It should be zero when there's no power to the ECM and 5V when the ECM has power. Note that there's another R lead that provides 12V from the battery to the ignition switch. It should always be hot. B/Br is sensors ground and should always be near zero. Something's not right (possibly with your measuring) if it's not. Bl/B is associated with things like flashing the ECM and should be left alone. I'm not sure about yours but O/Y is normally an anti-theft signal and will be roughly half of the battery voltage. O/W provides 12V from the ignition switch to the ECM but there isn't a convenient place to check it, which is why I suggested R & B/Br. The easiest place is probably at the fuel pump relay.

Note that I'm basing all this on a diagram that apparently came from a Haynes or Chilton manual and isn't very high quality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the red wire 12v..bl/b wire 5v..which one is another red from ecu??here only red and r/bl "no current detect"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry late reply..im busy outstation with my work...i need your help...i think i want to change my k2 ecu with r6 05 or 06 ecu..since the ebay doesnt sale a new ecm,im just do another way to wake up my gsxr

·
Registered
147 Posts
"change my k2 ecu with r6 05 or 06 ecu"

r6, huh? Either you know something that I don't or good luck with that.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm pretty confident that you could not easily install a Yamaha ECU into any Suzuki, and have it function correctly. Not even sure why you would want to try...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha ofcourse its didnt work for me..but if im installing k4 ecu,does its work??since its wiring is the same with k2

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am going to think, not. As the K4 has a more sophisticated fuel injection system. I could be wrong, but I think that's '04 is when it changed to 16 or 32 bit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts